I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Solved!
Highlighted
31 people liked this

I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Music Fan
‎2012-04-15 01:33 PM

I was just listening to my regular playlist and then I tried to discontect Facebook. Suddenly, Spotify changed into Offline-mode. Do I need to change back or something? Why does it say "Offline" when I have full internet connection???? I've tried to shut it down and open again but it doesn't work. HELP PLEASE, I'M DYING HERE.

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
43 people liked this

Re: I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Music Lover
‎2013-03-07 12:59 PM
You have to log out of the app and log back in(settings-->Log out). It seems that there is a problem when you change your Facebook password
1 person liked this

Music Lover
‎2016-10-22 01:46 AM

You should turn off your internet connection and log off from Spotify. 

1 person liked this

Edited
Music Lover
‎2016-11-07 06:32 PM

I had the same problem and found a solution on some other site. It suggested to check the firewall settings making sure there is a tick next to the "spotify" line. Opening the firewall setting I saw two lines with "spotify", one of them checked, the other indeed was not. After I ticked the second one Spotify found the connection and is now working alright.

1 person liked this

Festival VIP
‎2016-12-31 03:36 AM

You have to log again because Facebook automatically closes the account on every device and app. So just log again. Maybe somebody also changed the settings and activated offline mode.

Concert Regular
‎2017-06-08 08:25 PM
Deleted your spotfy premium and face book then add them back to your phone it should solve the problem unless someone has changed your details without you knowing my friend hope that tip works as it has for me
334 Replies
9 people liked this

Singer
‎2012-04-16 04:23 PM

There could be several reasons this might happen, but the easiest one to check is to see if Spotify has been set to be in offline mode.  First, open Spotify.  From the Spotify menu at the top of the screen, check if "Offline Mode" has a check next to it.  If it does, simply select Offline Mode again to clear the check.  If this is the case, spotify should return to normal operation once you've done this.

Let us know how this works!

18 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2012-06-15 06:16 PM

Same problem. Te "switch offline" way doesnt work for me.  Every time i restart spotify apear  that i have no conection to internet.

Help!!!!

7 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2012-12-16 02:42 AM

it doesnt work i already pressed the offline mode button

43 people liked this

Roadie
‎2012-12-18 08:43 AM

Same problem. I leave Radio on and now that it finally stops repeating the same song over and over, it disconnects. Everything else internet wise is ON - I have no connection problems. Spotify is not set to Offline mode. This is a bug. Please fix it. All I want is a streaming radio that plays music and stays on until I turn it off. That's what I'm paying for. So far, after months of paying for this service, it has yet to deliver. 

12 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2012-12-20 06:46 PM

About twice a month, I was experiencing a similar problem with the free version (error 116) when using spotify at work. If I left Spotify open, eventually it was always able to find a connection. In November I got an iPhone and upgraded to premium. Since then I have yet to get it to play at work on the iphone or macbook. I have done two clean installs on the macbook with no change. I even talked to IT and they swear, they have not changed a thing on the network. Its a college so there are wireless networks for staff, students, and gaming. I have tried all three with both laptop and phone but no luck. I have no problems at home, neighbors, Panera, Krystal, parents, etc... Is there a technical document or something I can provide IT to see if we can find the problem? If not, I will have to go back to Pandora...SAD.

Im tired of working to the sound of my own typing...

-Russ

11 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2013-02-19 03:23 PM

I do have the same problem and its driving me crazy. Did anyone find a solution to this? It has to be a bug, and ffs someone has to fix it, we r paying for this.....

6 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2013-02-19 07:00 PM

I have the same issue...cannot switch to online mode...re-installed spotify and I still have the same problem...I did get new Apple laptop with Mountain Lion and this is the only change I have made recently.

43 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2013-03-07 12:59 PM
You have to log out of the app and log back in(settings-->Log out). It seems that there is a problem when you change your Facebook password
14 people liked this

Gig Goer
‎2013-03-08 10:45 AM

Yep - the Facebook password change was what caused the Spotify offline issue for me. Just had to log out of Spotify and then log back in with new Facebook password.

SUGGESTED POSTS