I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Solved!
Highlighted
28 people liked this

I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Music Fan
‎2012-04-15 01:33 PM

I was just listening to my regular playlist and then I tried to discontect Facebook. Suddenly, Spotify changed into Offline-mode. Do I need to change back or something? Why does it say "Offline" when I have full internet connection???? I've tried to shut it down and open again but it doesn't work. HELP PLEASE, I'M DYING HERE.

17 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
39 people liked this

Re: I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Music Lover
‎2013-03-07 12:59 PM
You have to log out of the app and log back in(settings-->Log out). It seems that there is a problem when you change your Facebook password
14 people liked this

Gig Goer
‎2013-03-08 10:45 AM

Yep - the Facebook password change was what caused the Spotify offline issue for me. Just had to log out of Spotify and then log back in with new Facebook password.

1 person liked this

Music Lover
‎2016-10-22 01:46 AM

You should turn off your internet connection and log off from Spotify. 

Music Lover
‎2016-10-24 07:37 AM

I'm having the same problem too. It won't let me play any songs. I'm not on premium but it said about that you can import files on the computer...no I want to play the songs right now!

1 person liked this

Edited
Music Lover
‎2016-11-07 06:32 PM

I had the same problem and found a solution on some other site. It suggested to check the firewall settings making sure there is a tick next to the "spotify" line. Opening the firewall setting I saw two lines with "spotify", one of them checked, the other indeed was not. After I ticked the second one Spotify found the connection and is now working alright.

Music Lover
‎2016-11-15 07:27 PM

1 person liked this

Garage Band
‎2016-11-26 05:48 PM

Get into the  mobile Spotify SETTINGS .  Go to PLAYBACK. From there look at the OFFLINE tab.  I could be off--just tap it to go online.  Keep in mind when you go online, you will use up alot of data.  My advice to you is, get on a WIFI connection, then download the music you want; then listen to them in offline mode.   I never even come close to my data limit because I am playing Spotify in offline mode. 

From a computer, just check to make sure you are connected to the internet before launching Spotify.  

Antone Thatcher
1 person liked this

Edited
Garage Band
‎2016-11-28 09:46 PM

Hi,

On the Spotify App for computers, go to FILE in the upper left hand corner.  Scroll down to OFFLINE MODE and uncheck it.  Your FRIEND FEED should reappear.  If it does not, then change your screen resolution in the display settings on your computer.  My desktop has the same issue of not seeing the FRIEND FEED in the recommended resolution mode.  I made everything a little smaller (1280 X 1024)  and I now can see my FRIEND FEED and make sure FRIEND FEED is enabled in the VIEW section up at the top near FILE.  Make sure you are not in a PRIVATE session either.  You will not be able to see your FRIEND FEED. Keep it PUBLIC.   Hope I helped you solve your issue.  Good luck.

Antone Thatcher

Garage Band
‎2016-11-29 11:47 AM

@Discomforted 

Hi,

Are you accessing Spotify from a smartphone or a computer?  Are the system updates enabled on whichever device you are on?  That device submits an error report out to fix the issue you are experiencing.

Antone Thatcher

Garage Band
‎2016-11-29 12:04 PM

@botyo

Hi,

Hit the gear icon in the settings.  Go to PLAYBACK.  In the playback section you should see Equaliser(Equalizer was misspelled by the makers of Spotify) and OFFLINE.  Tap the button next to OFFLINE and Spotify should now be online; but here's the thing.  You  will use up a ton of data when listening to your music unless you are connected to a wireless router.  Just disable the celluar data and enable the WIFI on your mobile device.  While you are connected to the wireless network, hit the download button of the tracks you wish to listen to.  This will download the music you've selected to your mobile device when you are in a situation and cannot be online.  You are now ready for OFFLINE MODE--- just be sure you disable the OFFLINE button so you will not use up a ton of celluar data.  Hope i solved your issue.  Good luck!

Antone Thatcher

Edited
Garage Band
‎2016-11-29 01:29 PM

@botyo

The "equaliser" (equalizer) may not be compatible with your phone.  It may be only compatible with iPhones and Androids.  I have an iPhone 5S and I have the equalizer settings; but hey, that's great--I am glad you got your Spotify running again.  Happy listening!

Antone Thatcher

Gig Goer
‎2016-11-29 02:56 PM

I am accessing Spotify from an Android phone. App updates are set to "Automatic" in the Play store settings for all apps. However, I did have a pending update of the OS. I have installed now and will monitor the Spotify app behavior.

Thank you.

Garage Band
‎2016-11-29 05:29 PM

@farachs 

Hi,,

It sounds like you have a duplicate account.  The Premium and the Free version.  If it's affordable to to keep paying $9.99/mo, then keep the Premium version and just log- in with that username and password.  Use the email address you used to register with Spotify.   You will the love the benefits of it better than the FREE version.  Unlimited skips, better sound quality.  There will be an equalizer in the mobile App.   Just go to www.spotify.com  . If you forgot your password, just click on FORGOT PASSWORD and follow the prompts.  

If you still have trouble contacting Spotify because you don't want the PREMIUM version, just contact your bank to stop the payment.  That'll straighten out Spotify.  You have the right to protect your money.  I hope you get these accounts strraightened out.  Good luck!

Antone Thatcher

Garage Band
‎2016-11-29 05:52 PM

@Jengonzo

You have the right to protect your money.  Just contact your bank to stop payment to Sptoify.   

Antone Thatcher
1 person liked this

Festival VIP
‎2016-12-31 03:36 AM

You have to log again because Facebook automatically closes the account on every device and app. So just log again. Maybe somebody also changed the settings and activated offline mode.

1 person liked this

Music Lover
‎2017-01-26 09:22 PM
There's a green signal on the left side of the play button from push play button. And it wont come off .my music is not playing .not the repeat button but the other side.

Concert Regular
‎2017-06-08 08:25 PM
Deleted your spotfy premium and face book then add them back to your phone it should solve the problem unless someone has changed your details without you knowing my friend hope that tip works as it has for me
316 Replies
9 people liked this

Singer
‎2012-04-16 04:23 PM

There could be several reasons this might happen, but the easiest one to check is to see if Spotify has been set to be in offline mode.  First, open Spotify.  From the Spotify menu at the top of the screen, check if "Offline Mode" has a check next to it.  If it does, simply select Offline Mode again to clear the check.  If this is the case, spotify should return to normal operation once you've done this.

Let us know how this works!

18 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2012-06-15 06:16 PM

Same problem. Te "switch offline" way doesnt work for me.  Every time i restart spotify apear  that i have no conection to internet.

Help!!!!

7 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2012-12-16 02:42 AM

it doesnt work i already pressed the offline mode button

31 people liked this

Roadie
‎2012-12-18 08:43 AM

Same problem. I leave Radio on and now that it finally stops repeating the same song over and over, it disconnects. Everything else internet wise is ON - I have no connection problems. Spotify is not set to Offline mode. This is a bug. Please fix it. All I want is a streaming radio that plays music and stays on until I turn it off. That's what I'm paying for. So far, after months of paying for this service, it has yet to deliver. 

10 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2012-12-20 06:46 PM

About twice a month, I was experiencing a similar problem with the free version (error 116) when using spotify at work. If I left Spotify open, eventually it was always able to find a connection. In November I got an iPhone and upgraded to premium. Since then I have yet to get it to play at work on the iphone or macbook. I have done two clean installs on the macbook with no change. I even talked to IT and they swear, they have not changed a thing on the network. Its a college so there are wireless networks for staff, students, and gaming. I have tried all three with both laptop and phone but no luck. I have no problems at home, neighbors, Panera, Krystal, parents, etc... Is there a technical document or something I can provide IT to see if we can find the problem? If not, I will have to go back to Pandora...SAD.

Im tired of working to the sound of my own typing...

-Russ

11 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2013-02-19 03:23 PM

I do have the same problem and its driving me crazy. Did anyone find a solution to this? It has to be a bug, and ffs someone has to fix it, we r paying for this.....

5 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2013-02-19 07:00 PM

I have the same issue...cannot switch to online mode...re-installed spotify and I still have the same problem...I did get new Apple laptop with Mountain Lion and this is the only change I have made recently.

39 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2013-03-07 12:59 PM
You have to log out of the app and log back in(settings-->Log out). It seems that there is a problem when you change your Facebook password
14 people liked this

Gig Goer
‎2013-03-08 10:45 AM

Yep - the Facebook password change was what caused the Spotify offline issue for me. Just had to log out of Spotify and then log back in with new Facebook password.

SUGGESTED POSTS