Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I receive an SMS with a password but cannot find any place where to insert it

I receive an SMS with a password but cannot find any place where to insert it

Hi,

I cannot use Spotify at all (!) because when I log-in, my Spotify tells me that "You will shortly get an SMS with a password code to log in". Then I receive the SMS but cannot find any place where to insert the password.

The user interface tells that I am already logged in, but it also says that I am off-line and therefore, I cannot listen to any music.

Googling about this problem has not helped so far, so I wish that someone here could help me!

Br.

Pasi

2 Replies

You can't login to Spotify correctly if you have login approvals turned on over on Facebook. You either need to disable login approvals or set a special app password over on Facebook for Spotify to login:
https://www.facebook.com/help/249378535085386/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi! I managed to solve the problem accidentally. Facebook warned me that an unknown browser is trying to log-in. Then I got a page in which I was offered for some extra codes. I also changed my password... and suddenly I can log into Spotify without the damned SMS codes 🙂  

Well, solving problems accidentally does not really increase my understanding of the problem or of the solution. Anyways, have a nice day, all of you Spotify users!

Suggested posts