Increasing the gap between songs on Spotify

Solved!

Increasing the gap between songs on Spotify

Edited
Music Lover
‎2013-01-07 01:21 PM

I know this may sound like some ridiculous request, however, is there any way to configure/increase the gap between songs to something stupid like one minute or something?

I say this because although there are some albums that need to be played gapless (and I do appreciate them that way :)) there are some songs that need a minute or so between them. Mainly because it adds to the effect, and mainly because the silence gives me time to actually do some work.

Many regards, loyal Spotify premium user!

Edit: Well, I know that I can do something really convoluted like record a one minute track of nothing and manually place them between tracks, but short of using the API to programatically do that sort of thing - I don't really want to do that :)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Increasing the gap between songs on Spotify

Spotify Legend
‎2013-01-07 02:05 PM

Currently not - Although maybe a certain track by John Cage might provide?

-----
Airhorn Enthusiast

Music Lover
‎2016-01-28 02:50 PM

I'm surprised to not find any current discussion on the issue of gap between songs.

I may be searching these forums incorrectly....

Also, it's entirely possible that I'm missing something in my "preferences" -- I'm new to Spotify.

But I wish I could increase the space between songs as they play. (The default seems to be "gapless" or 1 second, maybe).

ITunes offers options... 2, 3, 4 seconds... Does Spotify offer this? Songs beging too quickly, in my opinion. It's especially jarring if I'm playing an album I'm familiar with from vinyl or from a CD where I know the gaps have been programmed in for a reason.

Thoughts, anyone?

7 Replies

Spotify Legend
‎2013-01-07 02:05 PM

Currently not - Although maybe a certain track by John Cage might provide?

-----
Airhorn Enthusiast

Music Fan
‎2015-10-16 09:00 PM

The first Ipad I had gave some 20 seconds between songs.  The current Ipad doesn't.  Someting peculiar about the first Ipad?

If the only solution is the sound of silence, how does one make such a recording.

What does Spotify say about the problem?

Music Lover
‎2016-01-28 02:50 PM

I'm surprised to not find any current discussion on the issue of gap between songs.

I may be searching these forums incorrectly....

Also, it's entirely possible that I'm missing something in my "preferences" -- I'm new to Spotify.

But I wish I could increase the space between songs as they play. (The default seems to be "gapless" or 1 second, maybe).

ITunes offers options... 2, 3, 4 seconds... Does Spotify offer this? Songs beging too quickly, in my opinion. It's especially jarring if I'm playing an album I'm familiar with from vinyl or from a CD where I know the gaps have been programmed in for a reason.

Thoughts, anyone?

Music Lover
‎2016-05-04 11:24 AM

I want to space my playlist tracks; at present, even as a pro member, I can't. Please put this (spaces, in seconds) as a preference option.

Edited
Music Fan
‎2016-05-24 05:54 PM

Right now, the best idea I have is to create a silent, few second audio file and import it to show in Spotify from your computer, and then just insert that track in between each song. 

This might be useful:

http://www.xamuel.com/blank-mp3s/

If you download the ones with the amount of silence you want, then just create a folder somewhere, like your desktop and name is something like "Silent MP3s" or something. Then, in Spotify, in Preferences under the File or Spotify menu depending on your OS, click on "Add a source" under "Local Files" Then, just point to the folder you made and have it open it and select it. Now, if you go in Spotify, in the left side you'll find "Local Files" near the top under "Your Music" where things like songs, artists, stations, etc. live. Then, just drag the mp3 file into your playlists where you want the silence. You can even drag it once into your playlist and then copy and paste the track by selecting the song you want it to follow after and pasting it on it and clicking "Add Anyway" when it warns you about a duplicate track.

Not the most elegant situation, but it is flexible and doable until Spotify adds a feature like this.  

Music Fan
‎2016-08-12 02:33 AM

thank you!! thats really helpful!

Music Fan
‎2016-08-21 05:48 PM

Thank you, Tnek, this is perfect solution! 1000 likes👍

SUGGESTED POSTS