Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Solved!

Re: Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Spotify
‎2016-04-08 12:28 PM

Dreadlord wrote:
A quick note is that we are looking for fixed MPRIS2 support in next build. : - )

It should be out in testing now for 64-bit builds. Having some problem with the 32-bit builds again. :/

Garage Band
‎2016-04-08 12:32 PM
Great news! :)

Could you provide a changelog, or tell us what issues were addressed beyond the MPRIS2 support?

Spotify
‎2016-04-08 12:53 PM

bitelaum wrote:
Could you provide a changelog, or tell us what issues were addressed beyond the MPRIS2 support?

Not easily. I know there are lots of tiny little changes to all the javascript views all the time. Since the frontend of the desktop clients are written like websites, but are released like executables, all those changes are bundled up every two weeks, instead of released several times per day. The only user noticable linux related change is the MPRIS fix.

Garage Band
‎2016-04-08 12:59 PM
Nice, thanks for the quick answer.

I was looking for the Linux client changes only. It's nice to know it's getting some attention now.

I know I might be asking too much, but since there are some very important known issues in the Linux client, do you have a roadmap to guide which of them will be addressed first?

GFD
Bedroom Songwriter
‎2016-04-08 01:38 PM

Hi,

I've been testing the linux version for while now and it's looking better and better with each version (so sad it's not yet at the same statsu as the other OS's status :/ ).

Anyone having trouble accessing their messag box like I do ?

When I click on the icon, I just get the black screen with a (never ending) spinning wheel :/

I'm ok with a workaround if there is not fix...

Guillaume FAURE-DUMONT
Founder of ZikMe: the music collaborative encyclopedia !
www.ZikMe.org

Top Star
‎2016-04-08 01:45 PM

Hey @GFD,

Last few days I can see quite a lot of issues with Spotify CDN and that's what makes me think that the issue with your inbox is more likely to be connection issue rather than Spotify app issue.

Give your client few restarts and it should be OK ( I don't have any issues with my inbox ). 

I am not sure if it is going to work, but you can use the access point I am getting and see if the issue persists:

spotify --ap=194.14.177.5

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Website |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Edited
Garage Band
‎2016-04-08 01:53 PM

jooon wrote:

It should be out in testing now for 64-bit builds. Having some problem with the 32-bit builds again. :/

@jooon OpenUri in MPRIS still has the same issue, while PlaybackStatus now works... OpenUri is crucial.

SpotCommander - The most elegant, intuitive, feature-rich & universal remote control for Spotify, exclusive for Linux users!

GFD
Bedroom Songwriter
‎2016-04-08 02:02 PM

Wow @, that's a fast reply !!

Your explanation makes perfect sense as I've been travelling for a few weeks now and hadn't notice this problem back at home.

I've restarted Spotify a lot since it first happened but no change.

I just tried your workaroud with the access point with no luck :/

Thanks for the effort though !

I'll check in a few hours if New Zeland has a better connection to Spotify's CDN ;)

Cheers

Guillaume FAURE-DUMONT
Founder of ZikMe: the music collaborative encyclopedia !
www.ZikMe.org

Music Lover
‎2016-04-09 05:55 AM

I can't find my starred playlist in desktop client, but I have it in web.

Anyone with this issue?

Highlighted

Edited
Top Star
‎2016-04-09 07:20 AM

k1_hedayati wrote:

I can't find my starred playlist in desktop client, but I have it in web.

Anyone with this issue?

Hey @k1_hedayati,

Starred playlist is gone from the Desktop client for a long time now ( Indeed, you can still find it in play.spotify.com )
Any music you save is now transferred to the 'Your Music' tab instead.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Website |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

SUGGESTED POSTS