Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files not being found by desktop client

Local Files not being found by desktop client

Local files not being found.  Info:

- I have my Preferences set to look for music files in the correct directory.

- I have moved the files/changed Preferences from the default /Downloads directory.

- I have tried putting the files in subdirectories.

- I have tried putting the files in no other subdirectories, just the one Spotify looks for.

- All of the files are in .mp3 format.

- I set preferences for .mp3 extensions to be opened with Spotify.

- Sometimes all files show up.  Sometimes none.  Sometimes arbitrary ones.  Right now, all of the files (116) are in my Downloads folder yet only the same two show up.  They seemingly have no difference to the other files but that doesn't make sense.

- Windows 10, latest Spotify client

I've been troubleshooting for a long time.  I'm wrong 99% of the time but I just feel like this isn't working properly, I don't know what else to try.  If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.  Thank you

1 Reply

I almost have the exact same problem.

I use my local files to sync Podcasts from my Desktop Client to my Phone. I have the same files on my PC and my Mac (Shared NAS Drive) and both Spotify Desktop Clients have the same Folder included for Local Files. I have 345 Files in the list.

After I got a new podcast yesterday, I added the file to the directory and tried to find it in my Local Files-List. But it was not there. I knew that Problem, so I removed the Folder in the Spotify Settings, Signed-Out and Closed Spotify. Logged in again, checked the local files, and, even though no local folder was added in the settings, all 345 files where shown in the "Local Files"-Section. I thought that was strange, and re-added the folder in the settings and went straight back to the list, saw it counting up, but again only to 345. Did the same thing on my Mac and my Windows, re-coded the mp3 (vbr), deleted the spotify cache, etc. did every troubleshoot I could find... Nothing seems to work...

But it used to work without any problems befor the last Spotify update.. So I'm guessing that something broke.....

Suggested posts