Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics feature unavailable

Solved!

Lyrics feature unavailable

Hey Community!

Just a heads up that our Lyrics feature on desktop is currently unavailable as we're making some big improvements to the feature. We'll share more updates soon. 

We can also confirm our partnership with Musixmatch is ending. It was a great partnership and there is mutual respect between both companies as our business strategies move us each in different directions.

iOS users can get lyrics and annotations on some tracks via our partnership with Genius. Check out the info here

Please share any feedback you have here in the Community. Feel free to vote for this idea too. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1,004 Replies

So, are you gonna improve the client and make it cleaner by removing the lyrics feature too (like you did with the notifications)?
I wonder if in a few months we will still have a play button...

God, NO!

first notifications and now this?

Bring back both of them!

are you serious?, musicxmatch is the larger lyrics provider so I hope you guys bring us the same amount of lyrics that they did.

The only way to have lyrics on Spotify with Musixmatch is via the Musixmatch app and the Spotify app, only if you have Spotify premium, though.  That is, unless Spotify decides to pull out from Musixmatch permanently and void the use of Musixmatch. 😐

Well, Spotify should at least keep it while have no other option at the moment. When you simply remove a feature like that from the stable brand of your product, looks like you did not anticipated the partnership was about to end or something serious happened and the other company decided to remove it's content without warning.

Nevertheless the reason, for a company such as Spotify's, with millions of users using that function everyday, looks like Spotify simply do not care much about what users enjoy. Looks how many complains at Twitter and Facebook. Please, don't interrupt functions like this, without any kind of warning or when you don't have a replacement. 

Well, it'd be awesome if you bring Genius as partner for lyrics. 😄

*kudos in advance*

BTW, now you guys are making serious changes, you should think about making Spotify more social... if you know what i mean...

Just removing such a key feature with no warning or without a replacement ready does not show much respect of users.

@bitelaum Well, you know. A play button is useless. Who needs it?

I am cancelling my subscription if Spotify doesn't bring back lyrics soon.

But, the question is when? I was thinking whether to purchase Spotify Premium but now...

We want the Lyrics ASAP!!! There is no improvement at all without LYRICS!!!!!!!!!!

What WE need ? LYRICS!

When WE need ? NOW!!!

Lyrics! Now!

@Rorey wrote:
Hey Community!

Just a heads up that our Lyrics feature on desktop is currently unavailable as we're making some big improvements to the feature. We'll share more updates soon. 

We can also confirm our partnership with Musixmatch is ending. It was a great partnership and there is mutual respect between both companies as our business strategies move us each in different directions.

Please share any feedback you have here in the Community. Feel free to vote for this idea. 

Big improvements, huh? Are you going to email people the lyrics?

Musixmatch gettting off the sinking ship while they can, it sounds like. Can hardly blame them. Perhaps if you took your users' concerns on board instead of sticking your fingers in your ears and going, "La, la, la la, la, we're not listening!" they would have backed your horse instead.

Follow me

I've gotten pretty decent at humming.  So I guess there's always that.

Yeah I never get notifications for artists I am following

I am giving money for 2 years but all i can get is feature removal. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I'm Pierpaolo from Musixmatch and I want to share with you our statement regarding the Spotify lyrics feature.

You can read everything about it here:

https://medium.com/@Musixmatch/i-know-its-over-a-parting-of-ways-and-it-s-done-but-didn-t-we-have-fu...

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but you can still enjoy lyrics with Spotify through our iOS and Android apps.

And it doesn't stop here, we got a new surprise coming your way... Follow us on Twitter for updates.

Thank you for your love.

Best,

Pierpaolo

Head of Product @musixmatch

Great. Just keep removing features guys, this is great.

First you remove essential UI settings like minimizing to tray etc and it takes a huge outcry for you to put it back. Then you remove notifications. Now you remove lyrics.... What now? You're gonna create your own database of lyrics and compete to musixmatch? Or remove them altogether just like you have been doing with so many features in the past?

I really enjoy streaming music, but I feel more and more like a sucker for paying Spotify and staying loyal to it for years.

Hint: Your customers shouldn't feel they are suckers, they won't take your stuff for too long. How to run a business 101...

Suggested posts