Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics feature unavailable

Solved!

Lyrics feature unavailable

Hey Community!

Just a heads up that our Lyrics feature on desktop is currently unavailable as we're making some big improvements to the feature. We'll share more updates soon. 

We can also confirm our partnership with Musixmatch is ending. It was a great partnership and there is mutual respect between both companies as our business strategies move us each in different directions.

iOS users can get lyrics and annotations on some tracks via our partnership with Genius. Check out the info here

Please share any feedback you have here in the Community. Feel free to vote for this idea too. 

1,004 Replies

Please Spotify, bring it back... I loved to sing along with my favourite music! It is really long time when you wrote that you working on this issue. 😕

For the love of ALL THINGS, please bring back this feature! It was so perfect. I'm always around young children and whenever there were songs with inapropriate lyrics I loved being able to advance the song by click on the lyrics and playing the song from that point... after the inaprorpirate parts of the songs. Please please please!

It must be YUGE considering its been over 8 months. Wow! Very professional. Disppointing

Get it as a premium features if you want but bring back this darn lyrics ... Even if it was not working perfectly for everything it was **bleep**ing awesome ...

well at least this will finally make my decision versy easy to move to Amazon music.

Poor Spotify, removing things to make the product worse 😞

No lyrics, no premium, simple as that, and im not even using spotify as much as before. Why in the world would you remove one of your best features and then not add it back after almost a year? Seems like spotify doesnt rly care about their costumers...

Thanks a lot for the MusixMatch desktop app Alemaya20, its ridiculous that Spotify still hasnt finished "improving the feature" and has gone silent about the topic. Good to see that someone cares atleast

Really miss it. Please, bring it back.

Spotify, I have been an everyday user of all your premium services since first beta. This topic has STILL NOT been resolved in any way. You have to realize that this feature is a vital one. Please give an honest update on the matter soon.

For me it's a big no no. I think I'll wait till the end of this month subscribtion and just move on to something else, something with lyrics. Shame, cause other than that I do enjoy spotify quite a lot. But hey, I'm just one out of thousands, who would give **bleep** about what I want, right?  

Just was a click away from subscription. Sorry that's unacceptable. 

How is it POSSIBLE for Spotify to remove this wonderful feature, then stating they are working on improvements/replacements, and after more than a year NOTHING has been delivered in this area... I will recommend AGAINST Spotify everywhere and to everyone I talk to, because of this way of treating your customers in communication AND for lacking this essential feature. CD's used to have lyrics in them.....Spotify too..... Very UNHAPPY.

Soo... When are the lyrics coming back? Been almost a year now without anything popping up in the desktop-app...

ss (2017-03-12 at 05.25.23).png

Still waiting for the lyrics feature to make a come back...

How about complaining at Twitter at the sametime?

Wow - there's an incredible amount of hate for Spotify right now! Only just discovered this thread, having been following https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Bring-back-Inbox-Messaging-with-notifications/idc...

Looks like there's not much chance of lyrics or social features returning. So sad.

Guess what... I want the lyrics I am paying for Spotify!

@Rorey wrote:
Hey Community!

Just a heads up that our Lyrics feature on desktop is currently unavailable as we're making some big improvements to the feature. We'll share more updates soon. 

So, working on improvements, share updates soon.. and 1 year after... crickets!

So, not yet?

oh! I really miss the lyrics. Hope it will return soon

Suggested posts