Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics feature unavailable

Solved!

Lyrics feature unavailable

Hey Community!

Just a heads up that our Lyrics feature on desktop is currently unavailable as we're making some big improvements to the feature. We'll share more updates soon. 

We can also confirm our partnership with Musixmatch is ending. It was a great partnership and there is mutual respect between both companies as our business strategies move us each in different directions.

iOS users can get lyrics and annotations on some tracks via our partnership with Genius. Check out the info here

Please share any feedback you have here in the Community. Feel free to vote for this idea too. 

1,004 Replies

Glad you like it! it really works fantastic. Yes, spread the word!

I guess Spotify just put 1000 monkeys in front of keyboards and are rolling their thumbs until they accidentally crank out a new lyrics feature. My question is if we can bring down the whole company on animal abuse charges.

I have an idea And if all the users are unsubscribed for at least 1 month and as it will have money missing in the cash. apple are not bad . I do not like but at least we can test for 3 months at the price of 1 CHF. I think this company spotify do not care about us and we will have to do something to protest instead of continuing to pay each month 12.95 fr I think everyone agrees with months that Spotify have 

A **bleep** customer service

Monkeysssssssssssssssss

Now I know why Spotify doesn't have lyrics showing in the app. Thanks musicxmatch.

Great Musixmatch that you've launched this app! Now I just wonder if I'm doing something wrong or what...?

I listen to Spotify in head phones via Blutooth and as it seems to me this does'nt work since the app (iOS) needs to listen in via the microphone?!

Since i updated Spotify to the latest version (1.0.62.508.g2c497f24), musixmatch (v 0.19.2) doesn't work anymore. Are you guys experiencing the same? Guess it's somehing related to Spotify because musixmatch is working fine with windows media player.

@nicodico Hi, Alessandra from Musixmatch here!

We are aware of the problem on Musixmatch with the latest update on Spotify for Windows. We're truly sorry for this, and our developers are working their hardest to fix these issues as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience. 

As promised I have come back to share the alternative I am going to. It is Deezer. Everything there I need so those who feel as I do in here I would advise looking there.

As for this thread, I find it so funny that a 3rd party has resorted to posting in here to save the situation and even then Spotify refuse to get involved. To be fair these people could be fakes though.

Spotify you have had enough time to reply in here or communicate to your custom base that are directly asking you. For that blatant level of disrespectful behaviour towards your customers I assure You, although I am moving I will make it my personal mission to make sure as many people as I can see this thread via whatever means so they can see for themselves that you do not care about your customers, only the money they pay You!

@ICEPOC   Musixmatch aren't fake. Agree totally with everything else you've said.

Musixmatch's lyrics-app made me realize how much I have been missing lyrics.

Spotify without lyrics... no wonder why people are moving to Google Play.

It has been many months and nothing has happened. You took off a feature and promised news but nothing has happened months ago.... Shame.

indeed, these suckers are the only app devs I have ever seen that removes features as they progress. Lyrics, the ability to use playlists on roku, f%cking clown shoes

Genius is not a good alternative as it gives a lot of trivia most people don't care about. The trivia should be optional and not be forced in between the lyrics as they are shown.

Adios Spotify. 

Am I mistaken, or do I remember reading about the lyrics feature as a part of Spotify Premium when I committed to using it as my source for music? Love Spotify but losing features is makes no sense whatsoever. 

@cannonsg wrote:

Am I mistaken, or do I remember ... lyrics feature as a part of Spotify

You are not mistaken...

@cannonsg wrote:

...losing features is makes no sense whatsoever. 

You are very correct...

I've been part with spotify for over 3 months, lack of lyrics drove me to give a try with google music. I missed a decent desktop app, dark gray/green theme, a lot of artists like Rammstein. It led me to question: If music is my favourite form of entertainment, why do make myself so angry each time i try to listen to it with google music?

I can assure every single one of you, there's no better music streaming app than spotify for windows/linux/android.

I agree. Apart from the missing lyrics.

There's a beta app from musixmatch that brings lyrics back to desktop: http://about.musixmatch.com/desktop-app

More than a year later and still no fix, you guys are freaking awesome!

Suggested posts