My speakers and computer sound work fine but spotify makes no sound when I press play

Solved!

My speakers and computer sound work fine but spotify makes no sound when I press play

Music Fan
‎2012-02-19 10:28 AM

Other programs such as Windows Media Player will play sound when I press play however Spotify won't and I was wondering what was wrong. My speaker and computer sound configuration settings haven't changed but it just stopped working!!!! Help Please.

Simon Harris
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: My speakers and computer sound work fine but spotify makes no sound when I press play

Gig Goer
‎2012-02-19 11:41 AM

Have you looked to see if you have "Enable Hardware Acceleration" checked in the Spotify preferences? Try unchecking this, applying the change and restarting Spotify and your computer.

Re: My speakers and computer sound work fine but spotify makes no sound when I press play

Music Lover
‎2012-02-22 10:54 PM

Strange..

But what I did:

- removed Spotify

- Let Ccleaner clean up your computer

- Download Spotify

- Install Spotify

- Launch Spotify

- Make sure in Spotify the sound is not muted

- Right click on your speaker icon next to your time/date in the taskbar and click Open Volumemixer

- There says Spotify, and there I saw it was muted THERE. 

Just look better, that's the only thing I like to say now :P

35 Replies

Gig Goer
‎2012-02-19 11:41 AM

Have you looked to see if you have "Enable Hardware Acceleration" checked in the Spotify preferences? Try unchecking this, applying the change and restarting Spotify and your computer.

Music Lover
‎2012-02-19 01:47 PM

----------

I have the exact same problem, everything else just works fine, but when I try to play something in Spotify, it doesn't make any sound! And i disabled the 'enable hardware acceleration' which had no effect to me when i restarted.

Music Lover
‎2012-02-22 10:54 PM

Strange..

But what I did:

- removed Spotify

- Let Ccleaner clean up your computer

- Download Spotify

- Install Spotify

- Launch Spotify

- Make sure in Spotify the sound is not muted

- Right click on your speaker icon next to your time/date in the taskbar and click Open Volumemixer

- There says Spotify, and there I saw it was muted THERE. 

Just look better, that's the only thing I like to say now :P

Music Fan
‎2012-04-07 02:39 PM
That does it! Thanks!!

Community Legend
‎2012-04-07 02:48 PM

Hey Denven.

Thank you for Sharing this Solution with Community.

Dancecore streaming everywhere with unlimited 2M/2M mobile 3G network.

Concert VIP
‎2012-04-24 11:22 PM

Ive recent;ly changed to Windows 7 and can get no sound on Spotify - Ive tried everything spotify recommend, all the volume setting are on the accelerator is right the firewall is not blocking spotify - Ive uninstalled then reinstalled - interestingly any radio podcast has sound but not my music . Its so so frustrating can anyone help at all or do I have to juist give up?  Steph

Concert VIP
‎2012-04-24 11:42 PM

there seem to be alot of this going on and they are working on it.

Music Lover
‎2012-07-22 09:44 AM

Ha, nice!

Actually, it wasnt shown to be muted on my comp, but it was when I MUTED and THEN unmuted, when my sound came back xD

Thanks man, was stuck with this for 2 weeks already >_<

FIXED, ty :D

Music Lover
‎2012-07-22 09:46 AM

Try muting spotify in vollume mixer and then unmuting. Worked for me.

SUGGESTED POSTS