Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify Web Player Design [NEW 2017 DESIGN?] | FEEDBACK, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, & COMMENTS

Solved!

New Spotify Web Player Design [NEW 2017 DESIGN?] | FEEDBACK, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, & COMMENTS

Hello Spotify users,

This thread is for the community who have been selected to test the new web player design.

I've noticed that there is a great change probably hinting at spotify getting rid of some features and adding new ones. It is very important that the users of spotify give feedback to these new changes.

FEATURES TO CONSIDER:

- Save feature needs to be added. The save feature needs to be added back on albums and singles. 

- Interactive profiles. Profiles arent interactive anymore. I seen the riddence of public playlists on profiles and what artists users are listening too. It would be nice to actually improve the profiles picture and make contacting and connecting to other users easy.

- Make accessibility to playlists and customization to playlist easier. Because of the new bulky UI it is hard to find what you're looking for.

- Make the UI less bulky-- the colors are nice, the design is nice, but it would be easier if it was efficient. The UI is too bulky, like the songs get overcrowded when listening to an album or playlist.

Any more feedback, ideas, questions, and/or comments are welcomed. If you are a visitor, it is nice to see your feedback as you will be using this UI or help develop it. 🙂

THE NEW WEBPLAYER: Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.09.09 AM.png

Please, like I said, leave feedback, ideas, questions, and/or comments. They are all welcomed.

You can contact me or follow me on these various platforms:

Spotify - @Yxngmeezy

Instagram - @Yxngmeezy

Snapchat - @Yxngmeezy

Twitter - @Yxng_meezy

E-mail - miguelishot4@gmail.com

thank you. 🙂

Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.09.09 AM.png
686 Replies

I also have this problem, I pause ALL THE TIME so this is a deal breaker for me.

Yes absolutely agree.  Rubbish update.  I've been with Spotify since the early days but now looking at alternative streaming services.  I have Chromebooks so use the web player.  No app available.

This new layout sucks! Take it back to the old layout. 

bye spotify, hello deezer

Can't listen to music anymore. Can I get back to old layout??? Otherwise I want to cancel my contract immidiately and want my money back for the rest of the month.

There is the list of problem I have on the new design. The first one is very anoying...

• After the end of a song, I need to wait 1 or 2 minutes before the next song start.
  • When I start a radio for example, I can't see the playlist
  • No more discorery playlist

I'm Sorry, but this new redesign is not the greatest. I liked the ability to look at the spotify charts, the ads being on the side, because on a small screen you can barely see the music. I also like the way the playlists were displayed on the old one. I could view all my other playlists, while looking at one particular one. I just don't like the way they changed the viewing of anything, and especially getting rid of the ability to easily go back simply by clicking on the page in the background.

Google and other devs of browsers they had declared that in 2017 they will suspend flash player and it will be unavailable for everyone. I don't understand why Spotify devs used flash again and not HTML5 that is the future...(see youtube). I am developer too so i know some things, i have a hilarious image in my mind that the devs of spotify are 50+ years old people seating on pc and writing code. Maybe it was better if they had used Pascal 😄 😄 😄

Concerning the missing scrobbling option and using a Chrome extension instead see also this support thread on Get Satisfaction for screenshots made with Opera 43 and Windows 10 as well as Windows 7.

So you just ignored 19 pages of feedback all saying the same thing about how absolutely awful the design and UX are.

Your only feedback as a Senior Producer is "use an extention" 

utterly clueless.

The UI update is such a bad joke. What was the goal? Drive away users? If it stays, I will be out. No use for good music selection if I can't find my saved artists, sort my collection, scrobble to last.fm, see less because of giant fonts, etc.

Adding my voice to the dislike of the new format. I got slapped with it a few days ago and after fighting it for hours and constantly wanting to look away, I haven't listened to anything here since. The last straw for me was when I found that 'spacebar' to pause was taken away. Why would I ever want to page down when I hit 'space'? Seriously. Give us an opt-out option BEFORE you drop this stuff on people.

BUG: When an Ad plays, the new player cranks the volume up... then when the Ad is finished and the next song starts, the volume remains cranked up to full.  This is more than a minor nuisance.  Firefox, Windows 10, WebPlayer

I think it's also worth a mention that my desktop version of Spotify has remained the same and it is (thus far) only the browser version that has the awful new layout.  On the plus side, when ads come on in the browser version, I can for some reason skip them by clicking "play" on a song.  So silver linings?

The most annoying thing about the new design is that I keep having to re-enable shuffle. Whenever I pick a specific song to play next or refresh the page, shuffle becomes disabled. Why can't it remember the setting like it used to?

Also it would be good to have the name of the currently playing song and artist as part of the title of the page so I can see what's playing by just hovering over the tab.

No matter what the design, I would appreciate a 1 song repeat button. Also the search text in the new UI design is a little too big for the screen.

I admit has a lot of bugs this UI but i am sure the developers and the design team are doing their best. The next thing/future we need is on it's way i guess by not only removing Timers, Radios etc. but to remove the whole Spotify's music database(sarcasm).

I am not liking the new user interface at all!  I thought it was a great interface the way it was, and didn't need revamping.

- My Starred songlist is gone and nowhere to be found - this is where I kept my huge master list of my most loved songs!  Is there anyway I can get it back?

- The size of everything is so huge that not much fits on the screen at once.

- The new interface is really hard to handle for my computer - so things keep taking forever to load and getting glitchy

- I don't see the logic in the organization of the design.  When I log in, I want to see all my playlists right there, so I can click on them immediately, not have to scroll or search around for them.  The layout is very clumsy.

The colours are nice, but that is about it.  I will probably quit Spotify if this new design becomes permanent.

THE QUEUE!!! Where has "Add to Queue" gone??? I am disappointed that there is no queue feature in this new version, bc the new aesthetic, design, and colors are really nice, but this is a large disappointment for me.   :///

Instead of improving the app, they made the desktop version equally as terrible.

I love getting my eardrums blown out every time an ad plays since it's set at 1200% volume. Whoever is responsible for that should be shot. In the knee. Twice.

Suggested posts