Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify Web Player Design [NEW 2017 DESIGN?] | FEEDBACK, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, & COMMENTS

Solved!

New Spotify Web Player Design [NEW 2017 DESIGN?] | FEEDBACK, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, & COMMENTS

Hello Spotify users,

This thread is for the community who have been selected to test the new web player design.

I've noticed that there is a great change probably hinting at spotify getting rid of some features and adding new ones. It is very important that the users of spotify give feedback to these new changes.

FEATURES TO CONSIDER:

- Save feature needs to be added. The save feature needs to be added back on albums and singles. 

- Interactive profiles. Profiles arent interactive anymore. I seen the riddence of public playlists on profiles and what artists users are listening too. It would be nice to actually improve the profiles picture and make contacting and connecting to other users easy.

- Make accessibility to playlists and customization to playlist easier. Because of the new bulky UI it is hard to find what you're looking for.

- Make the UI less bulky-- the colors are nice, the design is nice, but it would be easier if it was efficient. The UI is too bulky, like the songs get overcrowded when listening to an album or playlist.

Any more feedback, ideas, questions, and/or comments are welcomed. If you are a visitor, it is nice to see your feedback as you will be using this UI or help develop it. 🙂

THE NEW WEBPLAYER: Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.09.09 AM.png

Please, like I said, leave feedback, ideas, questions, and/or comments. They are all welcomed.

You can contact me or follow me on these various platforms:

Spotify - @Yxngmeezy

Instagram - @Yxngmeezy

Snapchat - @Yxngmeezy

Twitter - @Yxng_meezy

E-mail - miguelishot4@gmail.com

thank you. 🙂

Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.09.09 AM.png
686 Replies

I'm a Premium user now, but I am considering cancelling my subscription.

how i back to old layout?

How did you select me and I did not apply for any beta version?

for god's seke get me out tha f***** layout

F*** this i just cancel my premium account!!! 

Screenshot_2.png

New layout is seriously deceiving. Radio option is gone, there is no way to see what are the next songs when starting radio based on a specific song. More so, options to like or dislike songs is gone? Truly deceiving.

The layout is esthetically pleasing however but I would put back the radio option and "like" and "dislkike" buttons. I am paying Premium for this and this is unacceptable. I am guessing Spotify wants its user to download the application but some users cannot (my example: I cannot download the application at work and was relying on the web player). Now that these options are gone, I am thinking of taking my business with google music.

• We went from 40 songs per list (1st version) to 20 (current version) to 12 (beta version).
  • No sidebar, making navigation harder.
  • No overlay window, making navigation harder.
  • No Radio tab. You can still start it but there's no interface for it.
  • No Discover tab (the only reason I used Spotify)
  • No Starred playlist - all the collection over the years is gone!
  • No new releases notifications – so what's the purpose of following artists then?
  • No last.fm connection
  • No playlist sorting
  • No play queue
  • No artist names at new releases.
  • Volume slider is bugged and unresponsive.
  • Even no time display at the tracker.
  • Wasted screen estate everywhere.

Let's just ignore subjective aesthetics for a moment – the usability was completely, utterly gutted. UI design updates should either bring new features or streamline old ones, otherwise what's the point? Who is in charge of UI department? How did this pass any testing? Keep in mind someone was paid good money for this. At a loss of words here...

With the new UI I can't even play songs. Add an option to use the old design, because this is a huge no-no for most users.

For first, I quite like the design, particullary the bigger artworks of albums and I like the list of last played albums/playlists in the left navigation panel.

But as everybody before me already mentioned I really miss the things that were natural to the previous layout, particulary:

• DISCOVER tab - it was the main reason i liked Spotify, I didn't use the radio, so i won't miss that that much, but I almost exclusively listened to the suggested albums from the DISCOVER tab
  • in RELEASE tab i miss the artist name
  • the missing time indicator in time bar of playing song seems anoying
  • the MY MUSIC tab is a total chaos, cannot sort, cannot group, cannot browse artist, just wrong
  • on my smaller laptop some texts and pictures are just too big (i don't mind this on my work desktop) but i cannot see even an one row of the suggestet playlists
    this problem is even more obvious in the search "window" where the first artist doesn't fit to the screen
  • the search is really chaotical, when i look for an artist, it looks like i have already the artist page open, thought it is just an best result, I actually would preffer to see more of the results so I can decide what i am looking for
  • maybe this is just my problem, but the search seems much slower than before, in the old layout i typed a letter and there was immediately (mostly right) suggestions. Now i type half of the word and have to wait about a 1,5 sec to show results and when I add a letter, it again takes 1,5 sec to process.
  • I wasn't able to find any SETTINGS, the bad impression is multiplied by the change of languge for me, I used the english version and suddenlly the spotify web player changed itself into czech version, though i understand czech i find it even harder to find services i used, and it doesn't seems i can change it any way
  • One of the things I loved on Spotify, was that everytime i clicked on something, it opened in an window "ovelaying" the window before so i could just click and click back; it was comprehensive, clear and easy to navigate
  • spotify connect volume control doesn't work properly
  • But the biggest problem is, it doesn't work. On my work computer (desktop) the spotify usually after six-eight song stops, jumps on a song by Ed Sheeran, plays 13 secs and then just jumps from a song to a song (completely different from what i was listening until that and from what i usually listen to) without playing anything.

All things considered, I like the design, but nothing else works as i would wish. If the design would be new and the functions stayed as before, I pbbly would get used to it. Now it sucks and I want back the old working layout.

EDIT: I've found another downgrades from the old layout,
-if you listen to playlist or a new album (for example Discover weekly) and browsing somewhere else, there is no way of adding the currently played song to your music except opening the album or the playlist (you know I am pointing at the plus button before)
-I cannot notice the difference between songs that already are in my music and those, that are not

This is a really bad downgrade and I hope they realize it and go back.

The Radio was the most usefull thing for me. If that is gone, I'm gone too.

Edit1: The settings are gone too. Who removes the settings.....

At least now we have Ads even in the web player - now I see, why has this change happened. Great job.

BTW, I recommend relevant Spotify representatives should check out guys and their posts above, especially Phoenixed's and mateej's ones.

Hey,

As much as I love new look of player I must say that:

- Its taking darn long to change track (I'm using it mostly at work where app is blocked), old version had no issues like this

- I would like to have posibility to change how playlists view looks like. I have a lot of them and now it takes ages to find right one.

- same goes for list of tracks.

Is there a option to add "compatc view"?

confirm all of the above

these changes are all ridiculous

Any Idea where the share option is? Are we trying to decrease the exposure of spotify?

Why can't I see artist names in the New Releases tab? This makes me have to physically click into every album to see who it's by when adding an extra line of text under the album title would have solved the problem. http://i.imgur.com/6TC59dz.jpg

"**bleep**"! I just saw something positive in the new UI, my connection gone down for some seconds and the UI started from where it stopped by it's own.... nice if we had it at the old UI....

The whole new webplayer is terrible!

The overview is terrible, I miss some functions and every thing looks like that this is all made for the mobile. I really like the old design back. Or that there is a option that you can also use the old one.

I really dislike the design and decrease in functionality in the web player. I can't install spotify at work, and I don't think I'll renew my subscription if these changes are permanent.

Ok, we all said negative comments about the new player BUT honestly it is in beta mode it is not the final, that is why they need, all our negativity to make it better so i had rethink the whole thing and i will give my best and i will try to help them.

Negative stuff from me so far:

1. Some times you push play on a playlist to play but it doesn't... the fix: Right click select Radio after that hit play on cover and second just hit the next or preview button the playlist will start.

2. No radio with mixed features, bad, you cannot discover new artists, you only "Create" radio by making a playlist.

3. No timer, not total length or how remains.

4. The "Follow" missing in some cases.

5. Artists pages or users are terrible and not helpful.

6. The context need to be minimized, i have 4k monitor and i wasn't able to see it but i added 1080p resolution just by curiosity and it was terrible, even maximized so wasted space.

7. In Comodo Browser doesn't work at all.

That's what i don't like so far.

Positive stuff from me so far:

1. If you lost Internet connection track stops but when connection returns starts from wherever you left off.

2. Flawless play, have you ever stuck to an ad at -1:-1? Have your playlist stopped at a track for example at length 3:49 while is total 4:00 and waiting for an ad to load but it doesn't and waiting till your bones remains? OK That things are not happening to me anymore i tried with my personal account that has the new player and my wife's having the old.

What i am trying to say, if giving me the totally non stop music and shuffle and repeat for eternity with out problems i am positive to the new player. BUT we are here to mention as i did and the negative things.

Keep trying, keep posting, let's help!

In my opinion I think they should not have forced the beta into the users. Make it available to the ones who want to test it without compromising the previous stable version.

rempes wrote:

1. If you lost Internet connection track stops but when connection returns starts from wherever you left off.

Yeah, I really liked this point. It is very convenient for people with absurdly stuttery connections like mine.

How do you get the new design?

I have to agree with the majority of the comments here about the redesign.

• Feels like I went from a grown-up app to a child's tablet.  Sooooooo chunky.  I don't know if you are just trying to keep up with currently trendy app/web interface designs, but it killed all the joy of efficiently using the product in the web player.  My primary computer is a Chromebook now and it's borderline unusable.
  • Where did my friends go?  You need to commit to making this feature usable.  Not flashy or pretty or packed with a billion features or whatever, just work simply and well.
  • Giant photos do not better playlists make.
  • No playtime on the player anymore? Small light-grey numbers would be lovely and suitable and still useful.
  • While looking through my playlists I just realized I CAN'T REORDER THEM!  They're stuck in that order forever.  Incredible.  This is WinAmp 2.3 level stuff here...
  • btw, a simple visualizer would be awesome.  It would really whip the llama's **bleep**! 🙂
  • I'm looking at the application on my Windows system in the other room and it is so superior I feel a little angry every time I use this one. Which is a bummer, because I know you all worked really hard on this, so I feel bad coming here to complain.  But seriously, I was so frustrated I had to do four or five searches in the community section just to find the place to talk about it.  That's how problematic this new interface is.

Love the service and I don't see any situation where I would leave... I mean, unless every interface turns into this one... then I probably would.  It's that difficult.  😞

I didn't get much of a chance to try out the new web player, I had it once, logged out and back in again and I no longer get it. 😕

Suggested posts