Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify Web Player Design [NEW 2017 DESIGN?] | FEEDBACK, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, & COMMENTS

Solved!

New Spotify Web Player Design [NEW 2017 DESIGN?] | FEEDBACK, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, & COMMENTS

Hello Spotify users,

This thread is for the community who have been selected to test the new web player design.

I've noticed that there is a great change probably hinting at spotify getting rid of some features and adding new ones. It is very important that the users of spotify give feedback to these new changes.

FEATURES TO CONSIDER:

- Save feature needs to be added. The save feature needs to be added back on albums and singles. 

- Interactive profiles. Profiles arent interactive anymore. I seen the riddence of public playlists on profiles and what artists users are listening too. It would be nice to actually improve the profiles picture and make contacting and connecting to other users easy.

- Make accessibility to playlists and customization to playlist easier. Because of the new bulky UI it is hard to find what you're looking for.

- Make the UI less bulky-- the colors are nice, the design is nice, but it would be easier if it was efficient. The UI is too bulky, like the songs get overcrowded when listening to an album or playlist.

Any more feedback, ideas, questions, and/or comments are welcomed. If you are a visitor, it is nice to see your feedback as you will be using this UI or help develop it. 🙂

THE NEW WEBPLAYER: Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.09.09 AM.png

Please, like I said, leave feedback, ideas, questions, and/or comments. They are all welcomed.

You can contact me or follow me on these various platforms:

Spotify - @Yxngmeezy

Instagram - @Yxngmeezy

Snapchat - @Yxngmeezy

Twitter - @Yxng_meezy

E-mail - miguelishot4@gmail.com

thank you. 🙂

Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.09.09 AM.png
686 Replies

Please bring back the very basic features that made Spotify so dependable in the first place.

- The easily manageable and viewed add + / remove x sign beside songs and playlists, as it's tedious to have to right-click each thing to see whether you've already saved it or not.

- The ability to rename and delete playlists. It was stunning to realize even these important, fundamental functions were removed for the sake of heightened simplicity, and maybe aesthetic. (Personally, the all-black design was much easier on the eyes and sophisticated, but the pleasantness of this new theme is subjective. At the very least though, minimize the font and make it not as redundantly spacious.)

- That little popularity stats bar beside songs (llllll). Turned out to be more useful then initially realized.

- Let us again see playlist stats such as the altogether-duration.

- The ability to quickly toggle between Artist/Playlist screens by clicking in and out of overlapping panels. At the very least, if we're forced to keep navigating with this new layout, make there be a back button and/or X in the corner.

- The search system became inaccurate, redundant, slow, and worst of all I repeat inaccurate. Recently tried to find one track by its title alone and all that showed up were all songs by an artist that had a similar name to that title. We can try to ignore how this new search fills at least a third of the page, but at the very least allow it to do its very job right again.

It's hard to find another free music service as practical as Spotify was before its major downgrade. Until then, I'll only hope the new layout goes under some serious remedying very soon, or we get the option to revert to the old one.

I hope you don't think the users are complaining just because of an aversion to change.

This new interface is not friendly at all. The 62 pt font when searching is obnoxious, the discover tab is completely gone, and adding/removing songs from your library has gotten harder instead of easier. The old interface was much better and simple. I understand wanting to revamp a brand but this is not the way to go about it.

Off to find something better.

Please allow us to opt out of this new design! It's missing basic features, it's insane to let this be implemented for some users at such an undeveloped state. I can't even see the time of the song. A friend just told me "Listen to minute xx:xx of the song, it's the best part" when he recomended a song and I realized that I can't even see the time...how's that an improvement? A redesign shouldn't come at the cost of missing features. You had a decent product, work with what you had, improve on it...don't take things away, please.

This is the most important loss for me.  One of the biggest draws was creating the Up Next list on the fly.  Why am I paying for premium if I'm going to get less features out of it?

I love the new UI!

Spotify Connect has me hooked.

I hate using the apps becuase I can't block images and other Explicit features of the apps.

So the Web player update has me using the service again a bit.

Only negative is that I can't modify my profile settings and delete playlists.

Can't remove certain items from playlists, was informed by Spotify support that I should download the app, evidently indicating they don't intend to fix the issue for the web player.

I agree with everything everyone else has pointed out. Personally I've been tweeting @SpotifyCares (ironic handle....), @Spotify & @72lions who is a software engineer with them. I pointed out a bug where when you used the search function it didn't show the artist under the song and they managed to get it sorted fairly quick. I definitely think reaching out to them on a more public forum such as twitter or facebook is needed in order to really make them see what a bad choice they've made UI-wise. 

it removed all of my saved Radios... I'm literally so pissed because I had around 20 that I would always listen to. I literally only used Spotify for that radio feature. Definitely looking for a different music provider now.

Try using spotify wweb player with internet explorer. You just might get the old player back

alv4 schrieb:

BRING BACK LAST.FM SCROBBLIING! 

The Last.fm web scrobbler browser extension 1.61.0 for Chrome and Opera can scrobble from the new web player interface as well as from the old one.

No dice.  In fact, the Web player won't even work when I log in through IE. =(

I'm really echoing what's already been said, but I don't like this update at all. I like a good material design UI, but as it has been said, it feels designed for mobile. Way too much empty space, and everything takes much longer to do. The previous version of the player was really well designed I feel and I don't think it needed to change.

The biggest change that I dislike is the removal of the queue. Super annoying being unable to queue up a bunch of different songs I want to listen to and clicking play, so I constantly have to be going back and searching for the next song I want to listen to.

Can we please get an option to opt-out of this?

Hi,

This problem is probably not important and someone may have mentioned it...

I can't seem to find an easy way to see the album art of the current song in full glory (500x500).

Have a nice day 🙂

Just like someone have mentioned, the album cover too small to see:(

The old design is more easier to add songs or play lists.I miss the little''+''

to add songs or play lists and helping me recognize if I have already added the song or the play lists.

I use macOS sierra with safari and opera i can keep the old player of spotify. Firefox and Chrome show me the new player.

I use the web player to log in via work, and be able to play music. Due to proxy settings, I can't use the desktop app and I'm not running out my data with the phone-based app.

I doubt highly that Spotify is actually reading these responses, but the biggest problem with the current beta interface? The new version doesn't work in Firefox or in Chrome.

Even when I can log in with Firefox, I get the perpetual "Firefox is installing components needed to play audio or video..." ad infinitum. The 'reload' error sits there as an accusing pink bar across the top of a hideous layout in size 72 font that a toddler wouldn't even want. Chrome simply won't play a thing.

The graphical interface is designed for a tablet, not a 25" monitor. There is no option to reduce the ridiculous size of the squares for each album. Additional space is completely wasted by huge nested cells.

When the basic functionality of playing and pausing are absent in the broken Chrome interface, it defeats the purpose. The sidebar was valuable in tracking the duration of songs and neatly nested over the 'card' effect earlier.

I never wrote on this forum but i freaking hate the new player. The Songs often just stop or lag. Never had that on the old play.spotify  the new open.spotify is awfull i will stop use spotify all together if they dont fix this garbage.

Wow - just started getted redirected to open.spotify today and I am very glad to see I am not the only one who hates it!

It really does seem like this was designed for a tablet, which makes no sense because why would a tablet user not be using the native app?  The web player should be designed with desktop users in mind.

There is WAY too much emphasis on new music and discovery.  I want to be able to easily access MY music, not some corny curated playlist.

The old web app did a great job of replicating the desktop app experience.  Why would I want a completely different UI experience on the web?

God, I had no idea this UI was being implemented, but it's simply hideous. I loved the old design and I'd really appreciate the option to use that instead. Additionally, half my music has either been moved or removed. Not happy.

I hope whoever is behind this realises that changing the layout was a mistake.

Suggested posts