Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New update - SAVE option - is there a limit?

Solved!

New update - SAVE option - is there a limit?

Hello,

Is there a limit on the number of albums you can SAVE to YOUR MUSIC section? I'm only half way through saving albums from my old playlists and this feature stopped working... 

If I UNSAVE another album, i can SAVE a new one.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No don't charge people more, there's no need. Just up the limit.

View solution in original post

298 Replies

It looks like the limit is 10,000 Songs. As far as I know, there is no limit on albums or artists.

Well, the problem is that when you save the album, spotify saves all the songs on that album as well... 

Unsaving songs alone, unsaves the whole album.

9984 tracks saved (although I never saved tracks), and I can't add anymore.

How ridiculous is that?

Just when I thought Spotify did something right... :rolleyes:

Spotify is working on changing the limits tied to albums and the songs that get saved with them.

Spotify dev has said:

"The limit of 10000 will probably not be raised, we're looking into separating album saves they don't count as songs. You will be alble to collect more albums without reaching this limit and also be able to filter out full albums on the Albums tab and hide full albums on the Songs tab to feel more in control."

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If Spotify says that they are working on something it usually means: "in two years you'll be able to use that feature"...

When, Spotify WHEN!?

No, Spotify, this is not SOLVED.

I can't see any logical reasoning for limit on My Music. Some people have a Gazillion songs on a starred playlist before. What's the different?

If this is the case I may just go back to Google Music then...I came back to check out the update and seems so far that all they did was catch up to what was already out there.

This 10,000 song limit could be a complete deal breaker for me. I love Spotify. I'm a huge fan. But this one little change could drive me away.

I like A LOT of music. In the previous version, I had over 10,000 songs starred and that list was growing steadily. In this new release (which is awesome in every other way) I realized that I had some work laid out for me in that I, since I could no longer "star" tracks, was going to have to move all of my favorite music from my huge starred list into the new "Saved" pattern. That process alone was a huge pain in the ass because if you try to move more than a couple hundred tracks at a time the app beach-balls forever (yep, OSX).

So after spending the better part of an hour moving tracks from the starred list in small packs over to the new saved/your-music section, I silently hit the 10,000 track limit. It took me quite a while to figure out exactly why this process stopped working and a quick Google search informed me that there was this 10,000 track limit now being enforced.

Now I have most of my favorite music in the "Your Music" section and some stuff still in the old Starred list. What am I supposed to do with the remaining Starred tracks? I can't "Star" anything else. You removed the functionality completely. You've basically just hung me out to dry and given me the finger at the same time.

I can tell you that folks like me...the real music freaks...the people who really see value in your service...they're not going to enjoy this new limit. I'm giving you $120 a year and you're telling me how much music I can like?

With this new version, you've taken 2 steps forward and 1 giant leap backward. I can tell you with certainty that your competitors do not have a 10,000 song limit...which makes them look pretty darn attractive now. Who cares how big your library of music is if I can only manage 10,000 of those songs?

Done. I've uncancelled my previously cancelled premium subscription cancellation (gosh!). Had enough. 

You are registered for Spotify Premium until 2014-04-13

If it's your "solution" then you got new definition of this word.

I was really excited to get the Your Music update, until I learned of the 10,000 song limit. What? That completely defeats the purpose of having this feature. I have all my playlists in a folder, and my library was at 92,000+ tracks. Why do I need Your Music now? I don't understand putting a limit on it.

There is no limit in Collection at reasonable usage, but is if you use a lot function.

There is a limit. 10,000 songs. And what is "reasonable usage"?

What exactly is the point of having an area called "Your Music" (My Music) if it can't actually hold My Music? It sounds like your suggested solution to this is that I should enjoy less music. That's not going to work for me. If I'm going to have to break the music I like into multiple playlists (each less than 10,000 tracks) then what use can I possible get from the "Your Music" feature? If it can't hold all of my music then it's going to hold none of my music as it doesn't make any sense to put SOME of the music that I like into that area and not the rest of it.

Exactly. "Your Music" is definitely not what I was hoping for.

Just hit this limit.  I had been testing RDIO and considering switching simply to have a better way to manage my collection.  Then I heard of this update and decided wait.  I was super excited when it was released and I finally received it this week.  Now, I'm not even half way through the albums I want to save and I've hit the limit.  I can't imagine whoever made this design decision considering users.  Utterly terrible decision rendering this feature nearly useless for me.

Back to album playlists and testing RDIO.  Figure I'll switch now since the RDIO user experience is so much better.

Yeah this update is a joke. thx God i've just checked Rdio (i've heard some new they were acquired by Spotify and are no more but that's not true) and heard on cnet about itunes streaming service. I was so happy to see ability to save albums but hitted limit in moments. There should be ability to save your albums as a think you like to listen and ability to save as offline albums. But ofc even with that limit of 10000 songs is purely retarded. Is it still 3333 track per device? And btw I just love fanboys who don't have a clue what topic is about posting "zero clue posts" that everything is fine.

I have to say i pay for 2 memberships 1 for me and 1 for my dad. If this 10000 song limit is not removed me and my money will be saying buh bye Spotify. TY for your time 

it seems i finally found the other heavy users 😉

I had 3500 starred songs. When i found out the stars functionality was gone and found the Your Music section i invested almost two days walking trough al my favourite artists and albums. Resulting in saving a lot more then my orginal starred list. But, also hit the ceiling i presume... 10,000??? That is way to little. I saved about 800 albums. That is NOT a lot.

Is there an official reaction from spotify regarding this problem?

Suggested posts