Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound anymore when changing output device (internal speakers vs. bluetooth) [OSX]

No sound anymore when changing output device (internal speakers vs. bluetooth) [OSX]

Dear,

I'm having issue with my sound from Spotify, when I change the output device on my Macbook (OSX 10.10.2) from internal speakers to my bluetooth audio set for the 2nd time, the sound from Spotify gets lost. Other sounds from my Macbook still work and come from the bluetooth device, but Spotify isn't. It even stays quiet when I return the audio back to my internal speakers. The only solution is to quit Spotify and open it again, but this is off course not as it should work. Can someone help me?

Macbook Pro from 2014 - OSX 10.10.2

Spotify Premium, version 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b

Thanks a lot!

40 Replies

Great! I indeed did not experience it anymore since the latest update. Thanks a lot for the quick follow up.

I was hopeful, but I just experienced the issue again this morning although I'm supposed to run the lastest version (1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b).

I don't remember if I explained that already, but when it happens, the seek bar moves as silent playback happens, but as soon as I hit pause it goes back to where it was when I hit play as if some part of the app's code knew that it could not open the audio playback device.

spotify play.gif

Same problem persists for me, too.

Issue happened to me this morning, actually. I'm running on the latest update as well. MBP and with a Sony HT-CT260H soundbar via BT.

I'm having this problem still. Anyone else?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

OS X Yosemite

Version: 10.10.1 (14B25)

Altius Mini Bluetooth Speaker

Model: BC235D

Yes, still appends to me

Dear Spotify, the same problem is back. Can someone please have a look. Thanks a lot!

Dear Pricilla, I am experiencing the same issue again. Can you please have a look? Thanks!

Same problem here.

Macbook pro 13 early2015, latest version of Spotify and Yosemite.

Only workaround is to restart spotify

In advanced settings (from preferences) try turning off "Set the same volume level for all tracks".
Cheers,
JP

Same problem here

I experience the same problem OSX 10.11, Spotify 1.0.15.133.gf21970bd, Logitech Bluetooth Adapter

Same problem on OS X El Capitan with my bluetooth-enabled sound system from Sony...

Same problem here. It happens when I connect my laptop (MacBook Pro 13', El Capitan) to the docking station called Landing Zone. The station is using a USB PnP Sound Device (probably some generic usb driver I presume). My Spotify version is 1.0.19.106.gb8a7150f . The sound switching has never worked correctly with this docking station.

A year later... still happening...

Hello Pricilla, any instructions for avoding or solving this issue?

Same issue here. (OSX el capitan, mc book pro 2013)

Play some song.

Remove the usb audio device (audioquest dragonfly 1.2)

No more audio until you restart spotify.

Spotify will tell you something like 'unable to play audio' 

Strangest thing is that it doesn't always break, but enough to be extremely irritating.

I keep having the same problem (no sound or "Can't play the track"), the ONLY thing that works is restarting the client. I have to do that 3-5 times a day, and that is starting to be a real pain in butt. And it's a bit weird, but it seems to happen whenever I plug in the HDMI cable for my external screen. Only thing that works is unplugging headphones, putting them back in again (and most of the time restarting the Spotify client). MacOS 10.11 and 1.0.20.101.

What's the latest news on this? I'm thinking of pulling the plug on my payments until this is fixed.

It's been pissing me off so much that I switched to Tidal.

Same here

Suggested posts