Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PC (win 10) device connect to PS4?

Solved!

PC (win 10) device connect to PS4?

Hello, 

I've been searching for a bit, and I can't seem to find a definative answer. Are you able to connect to PS4 via spotify device connect? I'm able to see and connect via my mac, but when I try to on my PC, running the latest version of windows 10 pro, I can't even see the PS4. Is there something I'm missing to make this work or does PC just not support this feature at all with PS4?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I short yes, however there is 2 ways/work around. 

Turn on your Ps4, open Spotify, put any song on. 

Turn on your PC, open the desktop spotify app, and you should be able to change the songs. It should also have a green bar and show you that you can connect 

Untitled.png

Failing this... you can also do the "Mobile in the middle" 

- Turn on Ps3/4 open Spotify, play any song

- Turn on Mobile/Tablet, open Spotify and it should ask if you want to 'change devices', just leave it as the ps4

- Now open your PC, open spotify, and the connection should remain and you should be able to interact with Spotify and will change on your Ps3/4

I hope this helps 🙂 

MrDavo |

If this post has solved your issue - Please click on 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION'.
If you like my post - Please add kudos to it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

I short yes, however there is 2 ways/work around. 

Turn on your Ps4, open Spotify, put any song on. 

Turn on your PC, open the desktop spotify app, and you should be able to change the songs. It should also have a green bar and show you that you can connect 

Untitled.png

Failing this... you can also do the "Mobile in the middle" 

- Turn on Ps3/4 open Spotify, play any song

- Turn on Mobile/Tablet, open Spotify and it should ask if you want to 'change devices', just leave it as the ps4

- Now open your PC, open spotify, and the connection should remain and you should be able to interact with Spotify and will change on your Ps3/4

I hope this helps 🙂 

MrDavo |

thats funny actually. i just did the fail method before seeing your reply. i discribed it to someone as "jump starting" device connect. its a half baked method, but i guess it works. any idea why it doesn't just show up until you technically force it to?

Not sure why it doesnt work, however these methods worked for me and hopefully can assist others. 

Happy listening 🙂

MrDavo |

Suggested posts