Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play all songs by artist?

Solved!

Play all songs by artist?

According to a thread this feature is implemented 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/0-8-8-Bring-back-play-all-songs-by-artist/idi-p/292682

but I cant seem to find where to 'play all songs by artist' 

is this possible without having to manually add every single song/album to a playlist?

if so, can someone please tell me how as i have searched all over for this and the help is the most useless thing i have ever read.

29 Replies
Marked as solution

@dvmarttel,
@deverman,
@ststegemann,

I thank you, everyone, here for teaching me.

The users here have taught me everything about how to make my own "programming fixes" to get to listen to the greatest music collection here at Spotify.

Copy this solution quick, please, my friends-- before the Spotify juvenile delinquents get here and completely deface this solution like they have the other postings of these "programming fixes" that the Spotify users have to do themselves since Spotify development is too busy channeling everybody through those lucrative advertising payolas Discover and ReleaseRadar. (I laugh-- Did you laugh?)

For Windows-- As my Spotify advisers have taught me-- when I finally listened-- I use only the fully-functioning Spotify player 0.9.15.27 player as long as it still has fully functioning capabilities such as *30,000 track editable Play queue, *Actual shuffling so that every track plays from an editable SpotifyFolder of 80,000 tracks sortable by Artist, Album, TrackName, AddedDate >> before making any repeat. <<

For all of the tracks for Eminem--

* Ctrl-L, Search for Eminem, under Artists

* Artists, view Discography

* LeftClick in a Black area of the Eminem Artists page where there is no link-- (I laugh-- Isn't it ridiculous!-- What it takes to listen to Spotify's music?)

* On the keyboard, press the EndKey repeatedly-- about five times-- For BillieHoliday, you have to press the EndKey about fifty times-- until you see the jammed AlbumArt at the bottom of the page, in the "Appears on" section. Then PageUp a few times until you see "actual TrackNames"-- for Eminem, you will see the TrackName "No Apologies"-- Great title, yes?

* LeftClick the "No Apologies" last TrackName to highlight the whole trackLine.

* Then carefully drag the BlackOnBlack slider-- see it? (Did you laugh?)-- at the very right margin of the screen-- to the very top of the lists of tracks under albums-- without encroaching on the area of the tracklists.

* When you get to the top of the display of lists of tracks in albums, Hold down the ShiftKey on the keyboard and leftClick the very top TrackName that is grouped under an Album-- for Eminem, this TrackName on 2016/09/28 is "Bad Guy". Still holding down the ShiftKey on the keyboard, LeftClick the TrackName "Bad Guy"-- you will see that the tracks following "Bad Guy" now show as highlighted-- If the tracks following "Bad Guy" are not also highlighted, then do over from the top, because you disturbed somehow the rootHighlight of the "No Apologies" TrackName at the very bottom of the whole discography of Eminem.

* RightClick on the topHightlightedTrack-- for Eminem, it is "Bad Guy"-- wait for the DropDownMenu with "Add to..." to appear-- for Eminem this takes about twenty seconds.

* Click on Add to ..., New Playlist

* Go to the top "New Playlist" at the top of your list of Playlists, sort by TrackName in the top "New Playlist" to see the next problem you have to solve-- For Eminem, there are Four repeats of the TrackName "3 a.m."-- These hated repeats are on different Albums, and Spotify gives these repeats different UniqueIds-- so to remove the duplicate TrackNames of "3 a.m.", you need a "programming fix" that deletes the duplicate tracks-- I use >> this DeDuplicator by Artist, TrackName << which runs nicely in a new instance of Chrome for CompleteSpotifyMusicLibraries of 50,000 tracks.

You will still have the hated duplicates from the "Remixes"-- such as for the Eminem "Travis Barker Remix"-- Delete these "Remixes" manually-- Or I have a deDuplicator that someone taught me that runs in Excel-- ask around-- In this case, your "programming fix" has to take apart the TrackName to find the "3 a.m." root that identifies the hated repeat.

Go with God, my friends!
Spotify is the best!
You have to do the "programming fixes" yourself-- because this is SpotifyAsItIs, the Greatest music collection ever and everywhere!

Thank you, I think it's really **bleep**ed up that users have to do all this to do something as simple as listening to all songs of one artist..

Thanks once again!

If you only want to shuffle an artist while you're online:

1. Go to that artist's page.

2. Play any song.

3. Press shuffle button on the playback bar at the bottom of the screen.

If you want to be able to shuffle an artist offline:

1. Navigate to the artist page of the artist you want to listen to.

2. Click any one of the artist's songs to highlight it.

3. Press Control+A (control key for windows only. for mac, use apple key instead of control).

4. Right-click and add to new playlist.

5. Make playlist available offline

6. Go to the playlist and press play.

7. Press the shuffle button on the playback bar along bottom of screen.

What about a solution for iOS? Any ideas anyone?

4 years later and still no good solution to this issue. I'm on the Android app. Can't make it queue more than ~20 songs.
Our request is so simple. One artist, all songs.

Oh god please, fix that situation for Android. I'm sick of this **bleep**.

Demo of
    Playing all songs

Taking seriously what all of you said here, my friends read what you wrote and put together a demo to show Spotify what it completely misunderstands-- Play all songs?

How about play all songs on Spotify? Here it is . . . .

Playing all the songs on Spotify >> https://open.spotify.com/user/rednblu/playlist/4BIEfdQC3CXOa1N0mTFAEy <<

You can filter that AllSongsOnSpotify feed for any particular artist, I find-- to see a WorkingDemo of how, for example, an AllSongsBy_{AnyArtist} would play on your player.

Spotify could just create for you a filter by artist on that complete feed of AllOfSpotify to make for you an acceptable NonRepeating and Randomized play of-- for example-- a true shuffle of all 611 Van Morrison songs where each of the 611 songs is played once and only once-- before there is any repeat.

As in the above AllOfSpotify demo, each song is played once before there is any repeat-- So all songs get played once in a true shuffle, without repeats-- No cheating.

Thank you . . . .

Are you freaking kidding me? I know this is an old post, but I really hope I find a better way than this.

I'll never pay for this sh**** app while this basic (not know what to call it because it's not even a feature) thing is not sorted 

Well, at this point it's obvious this is not going to get implemented. 

I'm curious though, what the shuffle play button does? What's the criteria behind the selection of songs shuffled? Is that the most popular ones or what?

Suggested posts