Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist in alphabetical order.

Solved!

Playlist in alphabetical order.

Is it possible to arrangere the artists I have in my play lists alphabetically. Because of streaming music from Spotify pausing all the time, I have to play off line. The play list is getting extremely long, and it is difficult to find a particular artist.
148 Replies

Hello,

Please look at the attached picture of what I'm trying to refer to when it comes to alphabetizing lists. I'm not talking about song list or Artist. I'm talking about actually alphabetizing the all the playlists in alphabetical order in Spotify. I have to manually move it, which takes up my time. I know that one of your competitors organizes playlists automatically.

Hello,

Please look at the attached picture of what I'm trying to refer to when it comes to alphabetizing lists. I'm not talking about song list or Artist. I'm talking about actually alphabetizing the all the playlists in alphabetical order in Spotify. I have to manually move it, which takes up my time. I know that one of your competitors organizes playlists automatically.

I can sort my playlist alphabetically on my android but not on my desktop.  There is a way to do but the option is not available on the desktop.  Seems liek an easy fix to me Spotify.

same problem

The most basic of options, to have your list of playlists in Alphabetical order on Desktop version!  C'mon Spotify peeps, sort it out!

Where is the solution? This link doesn't go anywhere for me... (Edit: as in the link "go to solution" in the comment I replied to on page 11)

I can't for the life of me figure out how to sort playlists on Android. Where are the instructions?

@MePenguin For android, in your playlists look at the top where it says filter

At the right hand side you should see 3 lines,click on them and you will get a drop down menu.Click name for a to z sorting

It doesnt work on desktop.People have been asking for this for years and spotify have not implemented the option.Absolutely crazy

There is no solution...you can only alphabetize you phone

Hello,

I am the orignal writer of this question. I don't understand why people don't look at the photo that I have posted. I still am questioning why Spotify doesn't want all the playlist alphabetized, but confuses the question with alphabetizing the artists or songs (Everyone here knows how to alphabetize the artists and the songs). Perhaps you should look at your competitors. They have ways that their listeners can alphabetize the 100 playlists that they have. On Spotify, you have to drag and drop. And I did check my android phone. There is no filter on there. Or maybe perhaps it's because I am Canadian that I don't have that option. So the people have spoken and want their playlists alphabetized, not just the songs and artists.

Spotify Playlist.jpg

Hello?! **bleep**ing retards Spotify! Will you ever solve this for iphone and/or desktop? Must be like the easiest function to implement but so important when you have hundreds of playlists.

Hello, I don't know why this topic is marked as 'solved' even though (at least for the Mac client) there still is no possibility to automatically sort the playlists alphabetically. Therefore, I want to revive this topic by saying me and a lot of other people are missing such a function, which without talking **bleep**, is **bleep**-a-easy to implement as a software engineer. The mobile clients have this already so what is the problem with the PC versions? Thanks for looking further into this, Spotify!

I can still confirm that the Mac client does not have this *** bleeping *** ridiculously easy to implement feature.  Christ on a bike!!! Can someone in Spotify towers spare 1 hour to get this sorted.  Deezer and Apple Music are starting to look a lot more desirable as the days go on.  To end on a positive note, c'mon Spotify Team, I know you can do this 🙂

https://www.spotify.com/us/download/windows/

Download this link on you PC and you will be able to alphabetize your songs in a playlist............It will now allow you to do so on your phone, but if you do not shuffle the list, the songs will play in alphabetic order on your phone. You can add songs on you PC and they will do so alphabetically and let you know if you are adding a song that is already in your playlist

I second that!!!!!

What about us Mac folk?

Hi folks - as is often the case with these lengthy discussions I have failed to find the answer I was looking for, and then managed to find a solution of sorts myself, which sadly I was unable to find from anybody else - perhaps you just thought it was obvious ...

You can drag and drop your playlists into any order you want - this seems to satisfy the requirements of most - the order you want is preserved, and once you've sorted the list once, slotting new playlists in where you want them is not difficult.

Let's all try not to get too upset, and try to answer the question, eh ?

I'm new to Spotify and had the same question. Gotta love how adding this as a feature suggestions gets the question marked as SOLVED. Clever...but seriously, any idea as to when this very simple, basic, obvious feature that virtually every other player and streaming service has had from the beginning could be added to Spotify for PC? Guess it's not a priority...

The fact that Spotify can't put even the slightest effort into developing their application for their users is the #1 reason I've just cancelled my premium service. I've had the account with them for years and they can't implement a simple "right click sort playlist" option?  What exactly are your UX developers doing over there? 

I agree...it is a sad case...

Suggested posts