Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts on desktop?

Solved!

Podcasts on desktop?

So i was listening to some podcasts on my phone, but when I'm at home I use Spotify on my computer. I can't seem to find the podcasts that I follow on my computer though. The only way I could do so is starting it on my phone and then connecting it to my computer which i find a little annoying. Is there a reason why they aren't on the desktop version?

86 Replies

doesn't appear in my version... and it's supposed to be uptodate (1.0.58.573.g57c9cd87)... pls fix that guys

Podcasts have disappeared again on my desktop version 1.0.59.395.ge6ca9946 for Windows 10, I assume there was another update?

I can't find the podcasts section on the pathetic webplayer (I have a Chromebox, so no app), and I can't even got to Pod Save America by searching -- no results.  I'm so aggravated by the rudimentary state of the current webplayer that I am thinking of dropping Spotify, I listen to Google Play more these days anyway.

It doesn't exist that option so far (for Mac desktop version), although I play podcats on the Spotify Web Player page... That would be an option until this is fixed. Please, fix it! 

I've had podcasts on my desktop version for several weeks now and I find that, in some regard, it's superior to the android version I have. It's better organized, for one, and, two,  you can easily re-order shows/episodes according to date of broadcast so that you have better control of the order in which you can play them. In my mobile, I would need to save them to a playlist in order to make it behave the same way. 

My Spotify version is 1.0.63.617. Windows 10. Philippines.

Hey guys I know it's been two years now, but I have a solution for those who have Chromebook. I found it really annoying when I couldn't find the podcasts page so I came here to hopefully find a better answer to what I was doing before. However, most commenters with solutions are on Windows, which I do not use. What i've been doing was connect my phone with the Chromebook via bluetooth and play the podcast of choice on my phone. Then, I would switch it to the Chromebook option that's near the bottom of the screen of the phone whenever it plays anything. This always worked for me, so I recommend trying it out if you have a Chromebook. (TBH this might be useless to you because you might as well just use your phone to listen to the podcast, but this is probably your only option).

I found how to do it. With Spotify open on your desktop, an Icon "Connect to Device" located in between the "Queue" and "volume  icons at the bottom right of  your screen. Click to connect to your device. For my phone, I had to unlock it and open the Spotify app on my phone. It will sync from your phone to the desktop. 

Hope that helps

Suggested posts