Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts on desktop?

Solved!

Podcasts on desktop?

So i was listening to some podcasts on my phone, but when I'm at home I use Spotify on my computer. I can't seem to find the podcasts that I follow on my computer though. The only way I could do so is starting it on my phone and then connecting it to my computer which i find a little annoying. Is there a reason why they aren't on the desktop version?

86 Replies

I use the phone app workaround too... It seems ridiculous that I can search and find PodCasts on my iPhone and tell it to play them on my desktop, but I can't just search and play them directly on the desktop...

The desktop app will even play the next podcast in the series (after finding and playing on phone), but I can't browse episodes in the feed... just mad.

This is a workaround, not a solution. It's silly to have podcasts on the app but not on the desktop version.

Just adding my name as someone else who would like to see podcasts on the desktop version.

I think its silly to have them on the app but not desktop.

Cast your vote here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Shows-Podcasts-and-Videos-on-Desktop/idi-p/12823...

I think Spotify have completely abandoned the desktop app and are leaving features such as Podcasts, Equilizer etc.

I just hope they are working hard on developing a web app which works from the browser regardless of whether your are on a Windows, Linux or Mac machine...

Just adding my name as someone else who would like to see podcasts on the desktop version.

Get this fixed for desktop please!

Extremely annoyed by this, it works when you start it on your phone and transfer it through "available devices" and play it on the computer from there, but cannot open or access anything regarding the podcast on the computer. 
Appearently I'm paying $10/month for a service that I am not able to fully use. Very disappointed. 

This is not a solution.  It's extremely frustrating because I use the desktop application while working.  Why is the desktop application a second class citizen?  I pay for premium and feel like I'm getting shafted.

as a new user, i discovered this after a week of using the service.  i tried to share a podcast with a coworker and had to have her search on her phone app.  

i appreciate the workaround folks have shared, because it's nice to be able to listen on the desktop version...but so frustrating to not have full access in the desktop ui.

Plus 1000 for this... there are a few features I really need in the desktop app to move from the iTunes ecosystem completely to Spotify.  It is inconvenient at the very least to have to control podcasts from my phone while listening on the computer.

Please add this feature...

"I want the podcast feature on desktop as well, but canceling the subscription is a pretty pointless thing to do if the lack of podcast support on the desktop app is the sole reason for doing so. "

There are tons of others services out there at the same price with the same catalog and features.   I don't lose out at all.  Spotify on the other hand - who has yet to make a profit mind you - stands to lose a great deal to its competitors if I leave.  If another service has the features I want, i.e. Google Music, why wouldn't I cancel Spotify and switch?  I mean, unless I'm a fanboy, of course.

I seriously cannot believe Spotify has not fixed this. It does not even matter if you are a premium member. Spotify will not fix anything.

Having the same problem here.. want to continue listening to the podcast I was listening on my way home (on my phone in the car), but don't have this option at home on my desktop.. Very annoying..

Really? Please add it. It cannot be that hard.

Should be great to have this option available ASAP!

Same problem here. I thought I was doing something wrong, because I can't believe this feature is not available in desktop version right now. 

please Spotify, add it ASAP!!!

Can't believe this is still not fixed. Please Spotify! I do sit at my desktop a lot, and would like to listen to podcast without having to use my Android first.

Still no update, which is all we are asking for. Give us a reason. Without an update all we can assume is that Spotify does not care, and is doing nothing to correct this. 

Another limitiation of spotify when it comes to podcasts is its unability to play on anything other then a phone.

When I'm listening to a podcast and click Devices Available, I get a message saying, "Can't Play This Right Now" on my Spotify enabled Marantz and on my Chromecast

So, not only can I not play podcasts on my desktop, but I'm unable to play them in my enabled AV Receiver that I paid a premium for just to have the spotify feature. 

Come om Spotify, geive us an update!!!!

Screenshot_20170403-092058.png

I believe this should not be marked as solved - as the issue is not solved, we only have a way to trick the system. 

Keeping these topics open might push Spotify for the fix - as looks like a funny bug to have.

Just chiming in here that this is still heavily wanted. 

Suggested posts