Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts on desktop?

Solved!

Podcasts on desktop?

So i was listening to some podcasts on my phone, but when I'm at home I use Spotify on my computer. I can't seem to find the podcasts that I follow on my computer though. The only way I could do so is starting it on my phone and then connecting it to my computer which i find a little annoying. Is there a reason why they aren't on the desktop version?

86 Replies

Fix this for god's sake!

I now have Podcasts on my desktop 😄

@homieg1000

@homieg1000 wrote:

I now have Podcasts on my desktop 😄

I doubt it. 

Where are you seeing podcasts, under Browse>Genres & Moods? Are you using the desktop app, or the website?  Or are you just doing a search for a podcast like others have mentioned, and find them there?

We know the workaround by starting the podcast on a mobile device and selecting "play on desktop". We also know that you can search for some podcast and play them on the desktop app. However that does not solve our issue of having the desktop app contain all the features of the mobile app (i.e. browse podcasts, follow podcacts, etc.)

Marked as solution

I found them today under Browse on the left menu bar -> Overview on the main bar -> Very bottom of the page of categories.

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 4.25.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 3.46.45 PM.png

I am on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4 and Spotify version 1.0.56.451

I have the same version of Spotify but none on mine yet, but I'm using Windows 10 so they might still be in the process of rolling the feature out in that platform. Hopefully.

Rejoice! This is big stuff. Way to go, Spotify. Thanks for the heads up, homieg1000.

I'm on the same OS and I just updated my Spotify to 1.0.56.451.gb2f539fc

I don't see it :o(

I guess it's because I am in the UK (GB version).

What country are you in @homieg1000 ?

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 08.44.27.png

I have the same set up as you, but i don't have it yet. Hopefully they are doing a staged roll-out and I'll be getting it soon.

Thanks. 

@homieg1000 wrote:

I found them today under Browse on the left menu bar -> Overview on the main bar -> Very bottom of the page of categories.

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 4.25.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 3.46.45 PM.png

I am on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4 and Spotify version 1.0.56.451

I'm in the US so it's probably a staged rollout starting here

I'm listening in my phone and after i change the device to listening in my laptop  

i found the tab for podcasts but i cant find my saved podcasts. could you explain that?

Hi there, on my version still nothing. I have Windows Version: 1.0.58.573.g57c9cd87

Any ways, the workaround that I found is to actually search for the podcast con the search field, and there they are, including "progress bar" and all... But @Spotify, this is a must, don't understand why you are taking so long to get this done!

For the "podcasters", I recomend the podcast: "**bleep** with Emily"... nice one!

--
Inspired Technician = Artist
In the name of Love...
Capture.PNG

It isn't there now. Windows 10. Desktopno podcasts on desktopno podcasts on desktop

I can not find it either

I am also using the MacOS Spotify version but I can not find the podcasts in there

yay they officially added it. I updated the app on my laptop and it shows up like it does on mobile. Just try to update your app guys

It is updated but I can not see the podcasts in there

Version 1.0.58.573.g57c9cd87 for MacOS

Marked as solution

Podcasts are now appearing in the Desktop app!

1.0.58.573.g57c9cd87 for Windows 10

temp.png

Unfortunately, it is not on MacOS version. I just checked.

It's probably a regional thing? I'm on the exact same platform+app version (1.0.58.573.g57c9cd87 for Windows 10) but I don't see Videos or Podcasts in the list. Can find them through search though. I'm in North Europe.

Suggested posts