Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Redirecting play.spotify.com to open.spotify.com

Solved!

Redirecting play.spotify.com to open.spotify.com

Hi,

Since last week I can't go to play.spotify.com webplayer. It's redirecting me after login to open.spotify.com. 

Happens in all browsers. I tried clear cache, restart browser, ingognito mode, disable extrensions etc. Nothing helped.

Hope you wont disable play.spotify soon, because the open.spotify player is terrible!

Hope somebody have solution for this. 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @zaneek,

That's right, because open.spotify.com is the new web player 🙂

Feel free to send any feedback you may have about the new one to @SpotifyCares on Twitter.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

And what about the old one? Play.spotify was so much better than this. Is there any way to use play.spotify again? My friends are still using the "old" version. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @zaneek,

That's right, because open.spotify.com is the new web player 🙂

Feel free to send any feedback you may have about the new one to @SpotifyCares on Twitter.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

And what about the old one? Play.spotify was so much better than this. Is there any way to use play.spotify again? My friends are still using the "old" version. 

I think the user feedback is clear: We want our tried-and-true play.spotify.com back. The new open.spotify.com player is just not there yet. I understand the other one still requires Flash, but, at least, it works... Just give us an option to choose the old one if we want.

Suggested posts