Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop (0.9.0.133)

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop (0.9.0.133)

What's new in this version (0.9.0.133):

• Fixed internal issues that were causing interruptions these last couple of days

More information

The last couple of days our service has seen some unexpected interruptions. This release should alleviate most of it not all of those issues.

If you experience any issues after updating to this version please reply here and provide as much detail as possible.

And should you need help figuring out what "much detail" could mean (you're not alone in this) then please have a look at the troubleshooting guides at the top of the desktop help forum.

Community Ergo Sum
95 Replies

Just got this, working well so far! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Can you provide link to .133 installer? I forced new installation from spotify website download page, and I still got .129

So far so good but I have noticed a bug which was also on the previous version. When you follow a playlist, the client automatically follows the creator of the playlist and updates the activity stream with their stuff. It does ask if you want to follow them with a No or Follow selection, I press no but the acitivity stream continues to show me new content from them even though I'm not following them.

If I check the persons page it shows a follow button rather than unfollow. So I have to restart the client (restarting Spotify does make it stop showing that persons acivity) every time I follow a new playlist to stop getting streams from people I don't want to follow.

@miskidomleka wrote:

Can you provide link to .133 installer? I forced new installation from spotify website download page, and I still got .129

It looks like it hasn't gone live on the downloads pages yet, I will keep an eye on it and post when it does. Your client should update automatically anyway once the rollout reaches your account!

Peter

Peter

Your client should update automatically anyway once the rollout reaches your account!

Sometimes it takes a few days. Also, I think it won't update until Spotify is restarted which in my case ideally does not happen for weeks. The recent interruptions were very annoying, so I'd like to upgrade ASAP.

@miskidomleka wrote:

Your client should update automatically anyway once the rollout reaches your account!

Sometimes it takes a few days. Also, I think it won't update until Spotify is restarted which in my case ideally does not happen for weeks. The recent interruptions were very annoying, so I'd like to upgrade ASAP.

You should get a notification bar in your client as soon as it becomes available for you, which will then offer you to restart to update. Sometimes logging out and back in again a few times can force the update though. 

Peter

Peter

Recently I've been getting the notification bar only after Spotify restart. Maybe just a coincidence.

I'm still showing .128 here despite several restarts over the last few days. Makes me feel unloved 😞

0.9.0.129 is on the download pages currently if you want to download the installer and force the upgrade by 1 version 😉 

Peter

Peter

@Peter wrote:

0.9.0.129 is on the download pages currently if you want to download the installer and force the upgrade by 1 version 😉 

Peter

Thanks Peter, I'll hang out for .133 now 🙂

Now this is weird. I got 133 installed WITHOUT ASKING. I woke my computer up from Sleep state, logged in and saw "Spotify installing".  I did want to install 133, but in general this is not right.

What the HELL... I deliberately installed a previous version as I hated all the recent upgrades, and this has been working well for around a month until just now when I see that Spotify has forced this upgrade despite thinking I'd disabled all the upgrades. Is Spotify really so desperate to lose paying customers? As I listen to a lot of classical music and find the recent changes unusable (the writing is too large to see enough information about classical tracks), I will be forced to cancel my subscription if I can't revert to a previous version. For God's sake, stop forcing these unwanted upgrades on us!

The most funny thing is that they call all these new bugs "upgrades"

At long last a version that appears to work on OSX 10.8.3, I've been really hacked off since mid April with V9.xxx refusing to run on my macbook or iMac and have been running an old v8.xx without problem - until today and all now appears ok.

Thanks at last.

WHY ON EARTH DID YOU FORCE YOUR RETARDED UPDATES???

The only reason I am still a paying customers was because of v0.8.5. Every single update after that version is garbage. I don't want to run that **bleep**ty software on my pc. You can kiss my subscription goodbye.

Bug report (Using Windows 7 x64)

While in the preferences screen when cursor is still in the lastfm username box, clicking on the playlist image in bottom left causes Spotify to exit.

Go figure 🙂

The last couple of days our service has seen some unexpected interruptions. This release should alleviate most of it not all of those issues.

If they are able to "fix" such behavior in new versions, I believe this makes Spotify able to disable playback on older versions at any time they want to.

@jwylot wrote:

Bug report (Using Windows 7 x64)

While in the preferences screen when cursor is still in the lastfm username box, clicking on the playlist image in bottom left causes Spotify to exit.

Go figure 🙂

Good catch, thanks for reporting it. You are now famous.

Community Ergo Sum

@Goodman wrote:

Good catch, thanks for reporting it. You are now famous.

Haha 🙂

Suggested posts