Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 1.0.6

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 1.0.6

DesktopRelease.png

What's new in this version (1.0.6):

• You can now filter playlists to find tracks with ease.
  • Long playlists load quickly after sorting.
  • Added hard techno to your Soft Lullabies mix? Ctrl-Z (or Cmd-Z) to undo.
  • Copy Embed Code is now in the menu. Just right-click on a track.
Community Ergo Sum
103 Replies

Please reintroduce the numbers and dots indicating new songs in a playlist
Follow me

Yes! Nice work! Now maybe soon I might upgrade from 0.8.5..just as soon as filtering on artist pages is back.. So maybe not so soon after all.. 

know we need:

Minimice to tray

Can change the cache folder

@Darrken wrote:

I notice the Friend Feed option has been removed from the View menu.  Since half my friend feeds stop updating seemingly at random, toggling the Friend Feed off/on was the only way to force the feed to refresh and show me what they've been listening to (aside from restarting the program).  Now it's buried in Preferences and harder than ever to see what my friends are up to.  😞

I wouldn't have a complaint about moving that option if the friend feed worked to begin with.

Same here, exact same problem. I used to restart the client to fix this, then I found out toggling the friends list also fixed it. Now that option is burried under friends I have to go back to restarting the client every hour to see my friends update properly. I'm not going to ask for this back, because really that's not a solution. But could we maybe get a confirmation that the team is aware of this bug with the friends list? I would be far more accepting of having to restart my client 15 times a day if I knew it was being worked on.

bring back the old friend feed!!! I liked seeing what they've been listening to, not just the current song

So do I pixie422 - new one is a backward step

It's nice the undo function was added - although it honestly should have been there from the start, and being able to filter again is great, too - which never should've been removed in the first place.

But I kinda wish some other concerns were addressed in this update, too. The friend activity feed, ability to send messages and songs (Inbox), the new-song icon in playlists. It's hard to justify the price for premium when major features are still missing.

Yes! Playlist filtering ❤️

updated to 1.0.6. 

Now, everytime I start spotify, it reverts back to 1.0.5.186. and promps me to restart and and update to 1.0.6.

I've already done 3 clean installs using CCleaner each time and the same things happens over and over.

Can someone pass this on the the 'right people' please?

Windows XP

Drag&dropping items in queue still doesn't work as it should.

After I drop a song at new position NOTHING HAPPENS - I have to switch to other page/tab and come back to queue. Or wait like 1 minute for it to refresh. FIX IT PLEASE, it has been an issue since few months (since new UI) - why, WHYYYYYY do you release new client when it is not 50% as good as old? WTH?

Per schrieb:

What's new in this version (1.0.6):

• You can now filter playlists to find tracks with ease.
  • Long playlists load quickly after sorting.

Thanks for bringing back Ctrl+F to playlists, now I only miss it for Your Music / Songs and local files, maybe on single artist pages as well if they have lots of re-releases.

My large playlists do indeed load in a few seconds now, that's a big improvement from several minutes. When I want to scroll to the end of it, it still takes minutes, not seconds. But I can live with that, as it is not so important anyhow, more important is searching within those lists and sorting of columns.

Clicking on an album cover in the player still does not take me back to the individual playlist if I am listening to a playlist folder, it only shows the folder then. It would be great if you could fix that, too.

Last but not least one of my main remaining problems with Spotify: the 10k tracks limit for Your Music and other playlists. This is still annoying, but the new Last.fm beta site will offer personal radio stations with Spotify content soon including My Library, Mix and Recommendations Radio, so it will be possible for Last.fm users to listen to their complete library again which usually is bigger than 10k tracks.

@kal-el wrote:

updated to 1.0.6. 

Now, everytime I start spotify, it reverts back to 1.0.5.186. and promps me to restart and and update to 1.0.6.

I've already done 3 clean installs using CCleaner each time and the same things happens over and over.

Can someone pass this on the the 'right people' please?

Windows XP

You should download the installer from the website. I think this problem is caused by non-english characters in the windows user folder name. 

Since the last update, I can't enter artist pages. It says "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Hey Guys,

not sure what this update is all about, but i cant get into artist page anymore...not from any playlist nor from search, which is really annoying...id really like to know if someone is actually testing these so called updates, before they get launched (as in no choice wether you want it or not)...

Luckily on my work pc i have still Win XP which one has to really make an effort to get the latest update to work, only to see next time one starts it up, it reverted to the previous version.

Same here - I'm on a corporate network that's been working fine with Spotify for years. The problem seems to be related to the service side - when I use the corporate wifi with my iOS device I have the same problem - attempting to navigate to artist pages results in a generic error. If I switch off wifi and use my wireless provider's network everything works fine.

Same here ... clicking on the artist name produces a "Something went wrong Please try again later." message.

And now it's working.  This feature was down for hours with no information anywhere to be found on the Spotify support site - thanks for fixing it, but it should have been featured as a know issue.

Confirmed, it's working for me now.

yes, confirmed also here...

And it stopped working again.  Sloppy.

Suggested posts