Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 1.0.6

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 1.0.6

DesktopRelease.png

What's new in this version (1.0.6):

• You can now filter playlists to find tracks with ease.
  • Long playlists load quickly after sorting.
  • Added hard techno to your Soft Lullabies mix? Ctrl-Z (or Cmd-Z) to undo.
  • Copy Embed Code is now in the menu. Just right-click on a track.
Community Ergo Sum
103 Replies

I spoke too soon, it's not 100% working, seems sporadic.

Just encountered a new bug I haven't seen before (1.0.6.80 on mac) where clicking on the album art in bottom left corner is taking me to the wrong spot in the playlist. I had just deleted a few songs from the playlist (before the currently playing song), and now the highlighted and "playing" song is one near the bottom of my playlist and not the song that is actually playing.

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 2.29.12 PM.png

Not a big deal, just mentioning it...

Usually the URI link shows what I'm listening to on the desktop, but it isn't now

spotify:user:madpw:playlist:0O5DKVCipKZolg2duJDELt

@comertca wrote:

@kal-el wrote:

updated to 1.0.6. 

Now, everytime I start spotify, it reverts back to 1.0.5.186. and promps me to restart and and update to 1.0.6.

I've already done 3 clean installs using CCleaner each time and the same things happens over and over.

Can someone pass this on the the 'right people' please?

Windows XP

You should download the installer from the website. I think this problem is caused by non-english characters in the windows user folder name. 

Hi! That's exactly what I did, half a dozen times in fact. Each time, with the same exact result. Each time I download from the website, it gave me version 1.0.5.186. installer

When I start spotify, I am prompted to restart and update to 1.0.6. The update works fine the first time.. However, the very next time (and everytime after) I start spotify, I am back at versions 1.0.5.186. or 1.0.4.90. and it keeps is prompting me to resatart and install to 1.0.6.

I have seen that several people are having this issue around the forum and are told to do a clean install and to use CCleaner. Well that solution is obviously not working for most. 

I apprreciate you trying tp help though. I'm hoping that someone here can pass this on to the devs instead of giving the same "clean install and CCleaner" solution. As this is obviously not working for most folks with the issue.

@tillymans wrote:

Luckily on my work pc i have still Win XP which one has to really make an effort to get the latest update to work, only to see next time one starts it up, it reverted to the previous version.

I'm having the same exact issue on my XP machine. There are countless others here also now having the same type of issue under multiple platforms. I don't expect a fix overnight, but it would be nice to know they at least acknowledge the issue and are trying to work on a fix.

Thanks for finally implementing playlist search (again...). Just one thing though. Before, you could search in playlists just by writing in the playlist without ctrl+f and it would just jump to the best match for the text you typed. For an example I could enter my playlist and just type "pay" and it would jump to the song "Payback". I think it's just as useful as the ctrl+f search so it would be nice if you could add that again.

Also, Chromecast support! Snälla 😞

So much this. I mean Ctrl+F is OK, but this is the real deal.

Also, we still can't go to playlist we've initiated the playback from when we click on the empty space on the currently playing song info.

Wake me up when all removed features are back.

I am having the same issue. It is maddening. I have "upgraded" at least 10 times, and have installed from the website download at least a half dozen. When will this be fixed?

Good work guys, looks like features are coming back at long last!!!

Still issues in the applications performance with constant lag and delays when navigating the UI which could do with some attention along with the un-movable cache location. When that option gets re-added, my SSD will thank you 😄

I'm not going to congratulate you for bringing back ctrl+f. It should have been there all along, you f***ed up and it took you months to fix a basic error. There are several things even more important that aren't fixed, which I know have made a lot of people angry;

- Terrible friend feed. As a billion people have already mentioned, the new friend feed sucks. Bring back the old one - no one cares about seeing the most recent song played and a facebook profile pic. We can go on facebook for that. Bring back the old feed with an actual feed of all the songs our friends have recently listend to. You know, make your social music service social again.

- Terrible UI. The current music selection bit where you see the playlist/album/artist page takes up less than 50% (48% to be precise) of the display, with no possibility of adjusting the bars. The top bar especially is awful, why do we need all that dead space?? Seriously, over 75% of the space there is dead space - it looks ugly and claustrophobic at the moment.

- No subgenres available to browse. Well done, you got rid of a brilliant feature for no reason at all. You used to be able to click on 'moods' in browse, and then select 'happy', 'sad', 'angry' etc. Or in rock you could choose 'metal' or other rock genres. Now you can't. Why!? You already must have a database sorting your playlists into these subgenres otherwise they wouldn't have been there before the big downgrade. So why have they now disappeared? I don't want to search through a bajillion metal playlists to get to a prog rock one. Why would you make your program worse???

Once these problems are fixed I will stop scouting for a better service, which I am convinced will pop up in the next half a year. Considering you had none of these problems with an older build, I don't think the community is asking too much of you. However, it is your choice - this is a capitalist and democratic society afterall. You can fix these horrible redesigns and keep getting money from loyal customers, or you can ignore us until everyone stops paying you and you fade into irrelevance. Your choice - I'm sure the market will provide us with a good streaming service if you neglect our demands.

I would just like to say that in general, I'm very pleased with Spotify. Sure, I have a few minor complaints and a few idea submissions. Perhaps I'm easily pleased compared to some. I just know I listen frequently and most of the time I'm quite happy and enjoying the service. I can live with the occasional bumps in the road and issues that any software and online service will have. I've done some software development in the past and understand it's not easy and sometimes stuff happens when many moving parts are involved. This isn't life or death. It's just music. I get that no software or service is perfect or will ever be 100% everything I want. I think the Spotify team has created a very nice experience overall and I'm a happy paying customer.

@FredGreco wrote:

I am having the same issue. It is maddening. I have "upgraded" at least 10 times, and have installed from the website download at least a half dozen. When will this be fixed?

EDIT:  Try downloading and installing from the newest version installer directly. it solved the issue for me.

http://upgrade.spotify.com/upgrade/client/win32-x86/spotify_installer-1.0.6.80.g2a801a53-61.exe

Album art does not load for some songs. If album art cannot be found, some sort of placeholder would still be useful so I can click on that to zoom to that song's place in the playlist. Currently if a song doesn't have album art then there's no spot for me to click to go to that song's spot in the playlist. 

Guys, is it me only or did the option to hide Friend Feed is gone?

Hi cloudsmaker

It's now in Edit, Preferences... towards the bottom.

I think the way the menus are laid out now, it should really be looked into removing the menu bar entirely, and having one consolidated menu for access to preferences, the about menu and a few other options.

Thanks @madpw.

@Swanny, maybe post is as the new idea, i'll gladly kudo it!

Good idea. Looks to have fixed my installation.

Also fixed my fault where a copy and paste of the contents of a playlist into a new playlist lost the order of the tracks.

LATEST VERSION MADE IS IDIOTS OR WHAT?! THIS VERSION IS TOTTALY CRAP: LEAKING MEMORY, NO CACHE SETTINGS, NO LAST.FM APP, NO LOCAL FILES OPTION!!! Smiley Mad

DON'T UPGRADE IT, THIS VERSION IS BS!!!

NO I DOWNGRADE BACK 0.97 VERSION!!!

I mostly agree ^

BUT there are actually working last.fm in all the latest clients, including 1.0.6

Suggested posts