Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 1.0.7

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 1.0.7

DesktopRelease.png

What's new in this version (1.0.7):

• On Windows, the corner X button can close or minimise Spotify. Choose in your Settings.
  •  Making a collaborative playlist in 1280x800 resolution? Excellent. Now you can see who's added songs in the User column.
  • Create Playlist option for playlist context menus to allow you to quickly create a playlist from a right click
  • Lyrics, Messages and Play Queue each have their own button. Click once to view, click again to go back.
  • We've improved the way playlists are sorted. 
  • Having trouble logging in? Try changing your Proxy Settings from the the login page. (It's easy, promise.)
131 Replies
Marked as solution

1) Songs added to queue are doubled.

2) PERFORMANCE: Here I was thinking I could put on some tunes and get some work done, but here I am watching a maximized Spotify window get stuck for 15 seconds as it jams up for no discernable reason and responds at the rate of .5 frames a second after your precious 'doorslam' ad overlay runs as smooth as butter- behavior seen consistently since v1.0. It's not even pegging my CPU cores when it does this (~25%). Truly awful experience. MAKE A NATIVE PROGRAM. As is, this is not worth keeping installed. 

Fullscreen capture 6182015 90215 PM.bmp-001.jpg

On my computer the volume icon disappears as soon as I start Spotify, but then reemerges again when I open another application that uses audio (for instance Skype).

The volume icon also does not just hide, it really disappears, quite weird. Fortunately I can still control the volume with the help of the keyboard so it doesn't really bother me. Just weird....

Is anyone else wondering why the hell Spotify never seems to fully listen? Something that i've wanted for a while is for you guys to have ctrl+f in the Songs. Since I have all mostly all my music in there 😛

I was happy to see that you listed a fix to proxy settings but was disappointed when I upgraded and was still unable to log in from behind my employers proxy.  

Back 1.0.2 for me. That's the last version I've found that still works from behind the proxy.

At least I can login behind http proxy, but  album covers doesn't display. Besides ones cached in 0.9, I guess. Unfortunately the trick with removing "s" from @https in pref file doesn't work with this version

1.0.7 performace lags in comparison  to 0.9.15.  Filtering of  "Songs" doesn't justify "upgrade".  I would welcome filtering everywhere e.g.: "Artist" page

0.9.15 is still more functional for me.  I will check again in a few months and possibly test out Equalify Pro.-

@HsvIllini wrote:

@spamandtuna wrote:

I was SO excited when I logged in this morning to see the systray icon back in place!  Then I realized it's still missing all the music controls (play/pause, next, etc.) that it had before.  Oh, well.  Baby steps in the right direction!

No doubt. As is, the feature is useless. The whole point of keeping it in the systray is so it's out of the way while still giving you the ability to control the playback. But without playback controls, what's the point? June 30th and Apple Music cannot get here soon enough.

Well, the point is to keep the music playing when closing Spotify with the top right "x" button.

But I definitely agree with you that those menu items are an important use case as well, and should be put back in, especially since it's one of the easiest things to implement (menu items calling already existing code for play/next, that's it).

@Jack2566 wrote:

Is anyone else wondering why the hell Spotify never seems to fully listen? Something that i've wanted for a while is for you guys to have ctrl+f in the Songs. Since I have all mostly all my music in there 😛

Idk man. I guess playlist search is all we get for now. What bothers me is the universal search which has a really unusual shortcut. is not CTRL+D, E, or F. It's CTRL+L. Nonstandard, nonintuitive.

So we need to perform some hand stretching, or use the CTRL button on the right and press L, or use both hands, or just the mouse. 😕

Anyway, since CTRL+F is already implemented in playlists, perhaps a future update will bring search to the Songs view, too.

Edit: clarity

Foehammer schrieb:

Anyone else having issues with the local files not showing?  Spotify clearly recognizes them as it displays the total number of songs and total length of time for my local files but it won't display anything else.  Do I have to revert versions yet again?

As you have many local files (close to 10k), I suppose you have to wait longer for all files to show up. This is a known issue with all large playlists and can take up to several minutes.

By the way, talking about local files: the option to add other directories or drives as a source is back, check Preferences -> Local Files -> Add a source.

Except they don't show up, ever. Even after I left for several hours and came back still nothing.  I get that it takes a little longer to load a bunch, but before this update spotify would freeze slightly until it populated, at least then I knew it was trying to load something.  Now it's nothing, I can freely switch and browse without any lag... almost like it's not even attempting to populate anything.  I've tried turning on and off sources, to the point of trying to display a single album of 12 tracks to no avail.  Don't tell me it takes forever to load a dozen. Even then, when I turned back on my local file sources the numbers displayed at the top started steadily increasing as Spotify clearly recognizes all of the files but STILL DOES NOT DISPLAY THEM.  That tells me it's an interface issue and simply refuses to display the tracks.  So it looks like, once again, I must revert back to a previous version, since it seems every new update always breaks something.  Maybe this time I'll learn to turn auto updates off.  Or just stop giving Spotify money.

Edit: Keeping the rant, because it's not the first time an update has frustrated me.  However, my tracks are now appearing for whatever reason.  So...currently I am content.

SMASHES KUDOS BUTTON

Per or Meredith doenst read our problems in this f*** community? Where is the badge for new songs added on playlists??? Since month nothing !!!

Using now 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9 version : 

Minimising in systray is back ok...

But can't import playlist from (Windows media player for exemple)..
Can't use inapp applications (such as musixmatch), the shortcut in the left panel no longer there....

I have a problem with the spotify. I have to unistall the program and install again every time I want use it because when I close 

the program is updated every time I close it but the new version don't work. In fact the new version fails in the installation.

And now with new version 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9 the column with "album" does not appear. Fix it!

@Fernando_qx

Hello:

Can you please post a screen shot of this behaviour of your Spotify version missing the Album column? The only reason I am asking, I updated from an older 1.0.1 version in the app update feature to 1.0.7.157 and this did not appear to have happened to me. I know it might be a pain, but if you can completely remove the Spotify app and associated folders and then go to this install link http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe?_ga=1.186674219.2066049722.1408173710

and reinstall and see if the behaviour returns that would be fantastic.

@Fernando_qx

Hello there,

Click > View > Zoom Out untill the column ALBUM appears.

You can also in menu View, Hide the friend feed to gain space on your screen.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I very much appreciate the regular updates and the return of some of the lost features, but I'm still experiencing major issues with the client in terms of RAM and CPU usage. I had hoped that 1.0.7 would improve things for me, but... no such luck.

Two weeks ago I wrote about the problem here and it's still happening with 1.0.7.
After installing the update and listening to music for about 30 to 40 minutes I noticed that the case of my iMac was incredibly hot. So I checked Activity Monitor and saw that the Spotify Helper process was doing "its thing" again - using 5GB of RAM out of 12GB as well as 100% CPU. This is really bothering me, I've come to a point where I don't even want to launch Spotify anymore - and I've started to wonder if my Premium sub even makes sense under these circumstances.
I seriously hope that you guys are going to tackle the performance problems - stability & reliability are the only "features" I really need from a music player.

PS: I uninstalled and reinstalled the client several times (complete uninstall with all related plist-files, caches, etc.) to no avail. Also, older versions of Spotify (pre 1.0.x) run perfectly fine on the same Mac, so I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my system.

What's new ?

Nothing new i think... Still no Album in friends pages, no inapp applications, no playlist import...

Is there a way to avoid autoupdate of spotify ?

@o-l-a-v

Thanks for updated link, looks like the devs worked on the play queue.

Suggested posts