Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removal of Activity Tab

Removal of Activity Tab

Hello everyone. Spotify here.

On October 19th, we will be turning off the Activity feature. Please note this is not the Friend/Buddy feed that shows you what your friends are listening to on the right-hand side of the app. It was a feature that showed you what the users or artists you follow were sharing on Spotify.

After some extensive testing, we noticed this feature had very low engagement. Therefore we've made the decision to remove it in full as of today (October 19th). This will allow us to focus our efforts on improving the features we know you're highly engaged with, alongside working on exciting new features that are in the pipeline! 

Please share any feedback you have here in the Community. We're listening, and we will pass it all on to the team.

22 Replies

My "Friend Feed" is back on all of my 1.0.nnn versions--

Thank you Spotify!

Yeah, this sucks. I frequently swapped music over this functionality. I don't do any of the social media stuff, so no sharing there. Hopefully something else will come about.

Being notified when my favorite bands release new music was my favorite feature. If any of the competition still has that feature I think I may have to switch over.  It's a shame, I've been using Spotify since the day it launched in the US.

Suggested posts