Says I cant download on an administrator account

Solved!

Says I cant download on an administrator account

Music Fan
‎2012-03-27 08:05 PM

When I try to download spotify I click on "download for windows" and after the file has loaded I press "run".

But after that I just get a window that says "Please install Spotify using a normal account instead of an administrator account.".

I have had spotify on the exact same computer/account before and don't know why I doesnt work now.

Please help? 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Says I cant download on an administrator account

Music Lover
‎2012-04-02 06:25 PM

I have just managed to get around this annoying error! Logout on the website then try the installer again, seems to go through fine, hope it works for you too!

Internet Hit
‎2012-04-02 06:49 PM

Hey Guys! 

When on a non-administrator account, attempt to download the client in an alternate browser such as Google Chrome. 

Let me know if this solves you issue! -Grayson

-----------------------------------------------------------
Remember here in the community we can't assist with most account-related issues. Submit a support form and awesome support agents will assist ASAP: http://spoti.fi/pjlOST

Music Lover
‎2012-04-22 06:09 PM

I solved the problem by selecting the file and change compatability to WXP SP2, worked for me. 

29 Replies

Concert VIP
‎2012-03-31 12:34 AM

Ditto.  I am getting TRULY PISSED with this system....as this re-install was because I had problems from the PREVIOUS one not playing.  AND NO ONE ON HERE HAS AN ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent
‎2012-03-31 05:29 PM

If the account you're using has admisitrator access, then you could try running the installer with administrative rights by right clicking and hitting "Run as Administrator".

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

Music Fan
‎2012-03-31 10:42 PM

Same here .. can't install using an administrator account - what's up with that?

Music Lover
‎2012-04-02 06:25 PM

I have just managed to get around this annoying error! Logout on the website then try the installer again, seems to go through fine, hope it works for you too!

Internet Hit
‎2012-04-02 06:49 PM

Hey Guys! 

When on a non-administrator account, attempt to download the client in an alternate browser such as Google Chrome. 

Let me know if this solves you issue! -Grayson

-----------------------------------------------------------
Remember here in the community we can't assist with most account-related issues. Submit a support form and awesome support agents will assist ASAP: http://spoti.fi/pjlOST

Music Fan
‎2012-04-18 08:35 PM

I had this problem when downloading via firefox, tried it via Explorer and it worked fine.

Music Lover
‎2012-04-22 06:09 PM

I solved the problem by selecting the file and change compatability to WXP SP2, worked for me. 

Music Fan
‎2012-05-03 04:38 PM

Ludvigcarlqvist wrote:

Thanks!!! That worked for me! :smileyhappy:

Music Fan
‎2012-07-05 05:17 PM

Worked for me too! Thanks very much, I changed mine, under properties- compatability to the Windows XP Service Pack 3 on my windows 7 PC and its now working perfectly

SUGGESTED POSTS