Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound level changes when minimizing Spotify window

Solved!

Sound level changes when minimizing Spotify window

I have expericied a stange thing lately. When minimizing or working in another program than Spotify - the sound level goes down. How come? As soon as I toggle back to Spotify the sound level goes up again.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found the issue. I was using my laptop with an extended screen. Soon as I disabled the speakers on my monitor(extended screen), this resolved the issue. 

I hope this helps others. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I got the same problem!! 

I got the same problem......but it seam the problem is Windows 10 related. I notice the same when using "Grove"

Hi! I think you have enabled the "lower volume when blabla % "..

Try this.. Rightclick on your soundicon in the rightcorner in windows. (Systemtray).

Click on recordingdevice or playback... You just need the window to pop up, then in the upper bars, click on "communication". Check the box, do nothing.

🙂 I hope this helped. 

odesjord - your solution worked. Thank you!

This doesn't work for me. Any other solution anyone can think of?

I am using windows 10 pro as the OS. 

Marked as solution

I found the issue. I was using my laptop with an extended screen. Soon as I disabled the speakers on my monitor(extended screen), this resolved the issue. 

I hope this helps others. 

I'm having the same issues. I'm not using an extended display with speakers but when I minimize Spotify all the base is lost in the sound. I sounds like I'm listening to a butch of cheap speakers. Any Solutions?

Found the solution for this. It was my Dolby switching between music mode and teleconferencing mode. This telefonferencing mode obtimises speach and emphasizes the higher tones taking out all the base.

Suggested posts