Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium - Recommended Songs

Solved!

Spotify Premium - Recommended Songs

Recently I noticed I am getting recommended songs at the bottom of my Personal Playlists. I am looking for a way to remove this feature because it is not at all what I need or need. I have been a Premium user for a few years now, if this is being implented to users who pay for the service it should be optional to have or not.

de4faa3849a62da55c775fb4fbc9be1a.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You are part of A/B testing.
Spotify is always testing things by adding/removing features to help improve Spotify overall. Notifications via mobile and email should still work

You can find more information about it A/B tests here.

Right now there is no way to hide Recommended Songs unfortunately.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Other-Opt-in-to-A-B-testing/idi-p/1344964

Check that link above, give that Idea some Kudos and leave a comment.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@disco_1986

I agree, after the latest Desktop App update I went back to the older version which still has regular font and bell icon.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

You are part of A/B testing.
Spotify is always testing things by adding/removing features to help improve Spotify overall. Notifications via mobile and email should still work

You can find more information about it A/B tests here.

Right now there is no way to hide Recommended Songs unfortunately.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Other-Opt-in-to-A-B-testing/idi-p/1344964

Check that link above, give that Idea some Kudos and leave a comment.

Thank you for the information.

Already posts on this here and here. Feature now seems to have been removed.

Hasn't been removed for me.

I really do not want this feature either.

I find having recommendations forced upon me unnecessary and intrusive. Furthermore many of the recommendations are either waaaaaay off what I usually listen to, or stuff I'm already aware of.

I'm pretty clued up on music, I know what I like, I enjoy to discovering my own music, and I find Spotify's constant attempts to force music on to me condescending.

I understand the business reason for doing it, you want to drive up play for as many artists as possible to keep labels happy, but I, like many, many other people don't want algorithms suggesting artists to us. People like sharing music with their peers and discovering new stuff from musical outlets they respect.

Please, just let us discover music our own way, don't spoon feed us!

See the screenshot below and please let me know how you came to the conclusion that Rage Against the Machine & Kendrick Lamar are similar to Christine Ott a FRench classical composer...?

screen grab of spotify's awful new recommended songs feature.png

I'm very tired of the service getting worse week after week. Now when I'm going in a playlist which has hundreds of tracks - since it's not possible to get an album view - and scroll down to see my latest music I see 20 songs that I absolutely don't want to listen to and have to scroll up for two screens to see what I really wanted. The app is becoming so messy and painful to use...

Marked as solution

@disco_1986

I agree, after the latest Desktop App update I went back to the older version which still has regular font and bell icon.

That is not a solution. It explains what is going on. It would be nice to allow premium members to opt out of such trials. 

I must be one of the very minor few that actually don't mind this feature, it's a great way of finding new sounds and artists for those of us that aren't as 'cluey' when it comes to music. Sure, I do have some idea and certain tastes, but it's good to see what is out there based on my current musical taste, even if it isn't always spot on. I have found out about many hidden gems with this method.

I actually had it removed accidentally and wanted to know if it could be turned back on.

Thanks

I have recommended songs for literally every playlist except for the one I want. Is there any way for me to get this feature back?

This is a horrible feature that paying customers should not be subjected to and is making me rethink my subscription.  I am mostly interested in classical music and am

constantly being pushed into horrible rap music with foul language and not what I consider to be real music!  This is a travesty! You must have a special deal going where you are giving people airtime and helping them make money.  Maybe you're getting a cut. But this is totally unacceptable and you are going to lose customers with this outrageous abuse of your premium customers.

Suggested posts