Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify VERY slow.

Spotify VERY slow.

Songs are buffering extremely slowly, searches take forever, downloading songs for offline use take too long.  Whats going on guys? About to cancel if this doesn't get fixed, i've seen others say the same.

156 Replies

Yeah, I have noticed the same issue lately, I have a 75mbit connection, speedtest shows 74mb/sec.

However, I can't hear anything in spotify, it cuts out every 5 seconds, buffering... If it does not improve I will just cancel my subscription

I am having lots of problems with Spotify as well... Is this the server or poor programming?

Check your version number. if it is 0.9.0 there is thread from Richard the moderator to add your feedback on that version. Apaarently the developers do not believe the usrs that it is slow. If your version is less than 0.9.0, wait for an "update" and when that occurs, check back and give your feedback on the 0.9.0 thread

So basically we are liars and we're screwed until we MIGHT be able to get the update and then MAYBE get an answer from the developers? What???

Well 0.9.0 is a faster than 0.8.8, so in private they might have recognised there is a problem. 

Well, I don't think it's my network connection. When spotify on my desktop is running beyond slow the other day, I took out my ipad, launched spotify and I was able to get right in and start playing. On the desktop, everything else (browsers, speed tests) were fine. It's definitely the spotify app. 

Same is happening to my pc version this week. I'm on Verizon Fios Quantum 75. Songs are pausing, then continuing, then pausing. Pandora streams fine. On my ipad and iphone on the same network the music plays perfectly and instantly. 

I'm pretty sure it's the PC client version of Spotify and it needs fixed... Now.

Hi everyone!

Is it also slow for you on the web player?

if it is nominal on the web player but slow on the client; I'll escalate this for you as there doesn't seem to be a known bug post in the community about this.

Could you reply using the criteria here? It will make it easier for the devs to troubleshoot the problem.

Spoiler

My Operating System

Is your Operating System 32 or 64 bit?

Do you have a Service Pack installed?

My Spotify version

My username

My internet provider and country

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

The web player is seamless. PC client is crap. 😕

I also have been seeing buffering issues for the past two weeks with my Windows client. I have it streaming it on high quality like I always do but a high amount of my songs that I play end up pausing a few times during playback.

Hi guys,

Are you all still having trouble? Could you tell us what ISP you're with?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Verizon FiOS 75/35mbit connection

Verizon T1 enterprise line

Sluggish here too.  Using the latest version of Spotify on Mac OSX Mountain Lion.  Searches seem to take a while, yet used to be instantaneous.  Songs are buffering, which they never really did before.  Also, on launch, there's a considerable hang/spinning beach ball before the app finally opens.  Using highest quality streaming.  Only started acting up the last couple of days, but today was the worst by far.

I'm on Time Warner/RoadRunner cable internet, 20 down, 1 up.  SpeedTest.net shows those speeds are right on the money.  No other issues with other sites, browsers or apps.

Still having issues, 75/35 Verizon FIOS.

Spotify has been slow for me as well in the past 2-3 days. The problems come and go but are mainless slowness/stuckness loading music data for individual tracks. Starting tonight, though, I am getting spontaneous disconnections (404s). Nothing has changed in my configuration. Only Spotify seems to be having issues with connectivity. As I'm still on v0.8.5 of the client, it's likely some issues with either Spotify's network/servers or the ISP.

My ISP is Charter and I have 30/5 megabit service.

There was a number of server issues yesterday and this morning which might have been affecting service but it should be fixed now 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks guys. Please keep any reports of stuttering playback coming. Don't forget to mention your ISP.

AbsolutelyNoFB - The 404 errors should be sorted. If it does happen again, signing out and in can often help.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts