Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify VERY slow.

Spotify VERY slow.

Songs are buffering extremely slowly, searches take forever, downloading songs for offline use take too long.  Whats going on guys? About to cancel if this doesn't get fixed, i've seen others say the same.

156 Replies

I'm running the app on a Windows 10, Intel i7 PC with 32Gb RAM & it takes so long to load it's pretty much a waste of space. I've just installed the latest version (1.0.56.451.gb) & it's still taking forever to open.

If I allow local file access, it eats so much memory it hangs the PC, so I disabled all access to my local music library & iTunes library - still taking forever (8 plus minutes) & oddly Spotify still seems to scan my local disk before it opens fully.

If I close the app and re-open it later in the session it takes 4 minutes to re-open.

I’ve now tried turning off the Hardware Acceleration feature and got it down to around 3 minutes – with no local library access. I did try re-enabling local file access but it still takes the PC to 99% memory usage and then hangs it.

Spotify is not fit for purpose under Windows 10, is excessively resource hungry and poorly coded. It needs fixing urgently.

Frankly I wouldn't use it at all except some artists now give early previews of songs on Spotify. I certainly would never consider paying for the premium "service".

Does anyone have any evidence that anyone in Spotify is looking at this?

It's a long standing problem affecting a lot of users. Has anyone managed to get any kind of response from Spotify?

Chris Gordon-Smith

Not sure who tagged the 'Solution' as a solution as such, as it clearly isn't one! I am experiencing VERY slow performance exactly the same as the main post. Searches take an age, adding songs to the playlist sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Have cleared the cache as well before trying again and its very sligfhtly faster but still **bleep**. I pay £9.99 a month for the premium service as well – more than Netflix which is far less buggy. Running Spotify on an iMac, OSX El Capitan (10.11.6).

I've had the same problem for months. I've already canceled my premium account. And I think nobody reads this. Running Spotify on an iMac (10.12.5) 😞

I've had this problem to on my Android phone, I've resetted the whole app and after that I've noticed that the app was much faster.

Have you tried that?

I've been having the same problem for months. Have new, fast iMac. VERY FRUSTRATING. Why is there no answer to this??????

In my opinion spotify must have new servers and a brand new (from ground up) builded version. Because they used this one for a long time. There always comes 1 time you need to refresh things. Spotify (for desktop) have always focused on new features and renewed versions... but there are to many bugs on the desktop version!

It's been a long time ago since I reacted on this. But the problem isn't solved in that time on my Android phone. Even on my desktop it started to reacting slow.

It's amazing how slow Spotify is.  It takes a really, really long time to load.  Outrageously long.  How can this app be so terrible?  

The Linux client works fine, as did the Windows client a few years ago. I think at some point a change was made to the Windows client that seriously affected performance.

I found a phone number for Spotify in the UK. It goes through to an automated message that says that the mailbox is currently full and cannot accept new messages.

For a few weeks my desktop client for mac is so incredibly slow - the web client is not much better! Pretty poor service... Very tempted to jump ship.. 

Anyone recommend another streaming service? Tidal? Apple music? 

Thanks!

Tengo un iMac macOS Sierra Versión 10.12.6 y, sólo me va lento el iMac desde que instaló el Spotify (soja Premium) sino que buscar un artista o una PlayList resulta algo desesperante. 
¿Cuando piensan poner una solución a esto? Somos muchos los usarios con el mismo problema.

Hola tengo el mismo problema, tengo la misma version de MacOS Sierra y spotify cuando prendo la mac se tarda siglos en cargar las imagenes etc. y al principio funciona medio bien , luego cuando quiero buscar a un artista se tarda en cargar siglos, sino es que -nunca-.  Tengo que verme obligado a reiniciar la aplicacion (para salir de la aplicacion se tarda bastante a diferencia de cuando salgo de la misma y esta funciona bien) . Has encontrado alguna solucion? Ya no se si es mi mac o la aplicacion... 

Si es asi ponte en contacto conmigo
mi correo es 

stboeone@gmail.com 

Saludos!

Mi app para iMac también se pone muy lenta a veces. Solo para buscar una canción o artista se demora siglos y siglos! Talvez tienes solución a este problema?

No, sigo esperando una solución. Hace tiempo alguien posteó algo que me
sirve cada que me vuelve loco esta situación. Aún así me molesta tenerlo
que hacer. Espero te sirva de algo...

I still have these problems on my Mac, after a long time as a premium user. The reinstall instructions don't even seem to work any more, as after a number of reinstallations I no longer appear to have a 'com.spotify.Client'  folder anywhere on my computer.

Whether that's some oversight by me or not I'm not sure, but that's not the point - I shouldn't have to keep reinstalling this stupid desktop version just to get it to work propertly. I'm sat here this morning just watching a spinning wheel, with nothing loading - it's not been much better the past few days either. Feel like I'm reaching the end of the line with Spotify. 

I have the same problem .. I've given up the spotify. 😞

Suggested posts