Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app

Spotify app

I have had a black screen problem with Spotify on my Windows 10 PC and have tried all the suggested fixes on here. Now I have uninstalled the version I downloaed from Spotify.com and have tried the Spotify app for Windows 10 from Google Store but I get the error message in the screen shot below. 

Help!

spotify.PNG
3 Replies

Hey @GiCo1!

...Looks like you have remnants of Spotify still there, and in some reason they are inaccessible. Try to restart your machine before trying to install Spotify again.

If that doesn't work, install CCleaner to remove those Spotify files, or you can also navigate to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps and delete Spotify-related folders... I recommend the CCleaner more, though, for it will make sure there's nothing left. 🙂

Download your Spotify from here!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks a lot! Downloaded CCleaner and now have a hijacker too! Discrete Search was getting a piggy back and now my PC has malware. Is there anyone actually from Spotify on here to give me some help? I'm sick and tired of this.

@GiCo1

Sorry to hear this!

I think it's possibly easier for you to take your machine to a technician for they will take care of removing malware and the broken Spotify.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts