For the past week, I've been un-installing and re-installing Spotify like crazy so I could access new music. This also leads to a problem saying that it "cannot initialize the storage of temporary files".
Solved! Go to Solution.
I've been reading some solutions in the forum, and we have different options to solve this problem... Hope they work with your issue "Code error 17"
1. In windows, you should try to execute the application with the compability tab checked (Right click in the Spotify Icon, properties, compatibility with Windows XP ).
2. (It worked with me), after any update or after unistall Spotify and to run a new Install it stay stacked, so just execute the Windows Registry (Type regedit in the text field that appears in the Start Menu in Windows 7/Vista), then just go to Edit, and Search... and then delete all the keys you can find with the word Spotify (be careful to don't delete any other that don't say exactly that) and then you also should try to delete the folder "Spotify" created under the user folder in this route C:\Users\CHANGETHISFORTHEUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming.
And it's done...
Hope it work for you.
There is a really simple fix to this problem. To fix it... follow these steps:
1. Uninstall spotify (*When uninstalling it, some registry files will not be deleted, therefore creating this problem)
2. Install Ccleaner (Computer cleaner software) to detect the broken or empty files in the registry
3. run the registry cleaner in the software after installing it (about 2-3 times just to be sure it cleans it completely)
4. Go to the Spotify website and download Spotify again.
Now, it should work like normal. By the way, after you get spotify to work, you could uninstall Ccleaner or leave it on your computer. (It is really helpful though!)
After trying all of the manual fixed I could find for this, and removing all of the directories related to Spotify, I realized that the launcher was still pulling saved data from some source that no one had listed. So I used CCleaner's uninstaller and then ran a full registry fix with CCleaner. Restart the installer, and everything worked just as it should. I should note that I still had the spotify.exe processes as an exclusion in Windows Defender (running Win10), though I don't believe that had any bearing on my issue.