Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify freezes on startup - Windows 10

Spotify freezes on startup - Windows 10

Like the title suggests, anytime I launch it, the program freezes on start up and no matter how long I let it sit it won't work. I have toi keep closing it through task manager and re-opening it hoping it works. Haven't found a fix for this anywhere and it's been happening for a few months now as I've been hoping updates would fix it.

5 Replies

Hey alex70031!

Have you tried a clean reinstallation of Spotify

Brand new version of Spotify just out in last 15 mins, it has fixed the issue for me and it looks like the most flexible version there has been in years.

BTW the workaround previous to this was deleting your username folder from C:\Users\Colin\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Users but you have to do it a lot.

Yeah neither of those worked, I tried deleting the folder, didn't work, tried a reinstall, didn't work. Any other solutions? This is honestly getting a bit ridiculous at this point. I mean several months of the thing not working right is just absurd.

Hi @user-removed

It's not cool that you are still having this problem.

Please, download this patched client that resolves most of these loading issues and let me know how it works for you.

Have a nice day

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Tried all the mentioned tips. The only thing that worked was to use the patched client - that will start once, then it will automatically update and the problem is back again... Is there anything I can do?

Suggested posts