Description of the Problem -
Hi! I’ve been using Spotify since the beginning of June, I believe, with no problem. But today, when I started to use Spotify, it wouldn’t work. I downloaded the recent update on 7/23/2012. I did do a search of the Windows forum to see if someone had the same problem – which someone did. I did what the solution was (uninstall and re-install Spotify, but do a clean re-install), and that seems to have done nothing. My problem is that whenever I try to play music, it says that the music is playing (there is a pause button instead of a play button), but the time slider thing (excuse the poor description) does not move. When I try to move it, Spotify freezes up, and often times, I have to close the program. This is really frustrating for me, because I don’t have Spotify premium, so I cannot listen to any of my playlists at the moment, and many of the songs in my playlists are songs I do not own.
A more detailed description, using numbered steps -
1. On 7/23/2012, I installed the latest update for Spotify.
2. Since the update, until today (7/25/2012), Spotify has had a little issue, but could be resolved by bringing up the Spotify player window.
3. When I logged onto my computer today, and pressed the play/pause button on my keyboard, nothing played. I pulled up the window, and noticed the button in the player said the song was playing, but no music was coming out, nor was the time bar thing moving.
4. I hit the skip button, hoping this would make the song play, as it did for the previous two days. But it just skipped past the song, and didn’t play.
5. Frustrated, I searched the Windows Forums for a solution, and found the idea from a moderator to do a clean re-install of the program.
6. I did do a clean re-install of Spotify, using the website instructions.
What I expected to happen -
I expected for Spotify to start working again, because I really wanted to listen to my music.
What actually happened -
Spotify worked for a total of two seconds. When I tried to play my music, I still had the same problem, and Spotify froze up again.
My Operating System -
I have Windows 7 Home Premium on my laptop.
Is your Operating System 32 or 64 bit? -
My operating system is a 32 bit system.
Do you have a Service Pack installed? -
I have Service Pack 1.
My Spotify version -
I am going to assume I have the latest version of Spotify, since I updated the program on 7/23/2012 (I am not very handy with a laptop, and I’m not sure how to access this information.)
My internet provider and country -
Comcast, United States of America
My username -
Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue? -
Um, no, unfortunately not. My computer, in addition to Spotify, has been having some problems freezing up lately, so I am trying to use it as little as possible, until I can get a new laptop.
Thank you so much! By the way - sorry for the spacing issues. It's not really working correctly...
Ive started having this issue lately as well. The only solution for me so far is to uninstall in SAFE MODE then reinstall and it works. No idea why it's started doing this as it was working fine before the latest "updates"
Having the same problem here, on Mac. I received a notification to restart if I wanted to upgrade to the latest version. I did and since then I cannot use Spotify anymore, it freezes and I have to force quit it always. I uninstalled the app, re-installed, no success. Not happy, have had nothing but freezes and issues since the latest versions. If this keeps up I am quitting my premium subscription, not paying for something I cannot even use :(