Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Spotify is playing the live versions of album songs

Spotify is playing the live versions of album songs

Roadie
‎2014-03-11 05:04 PM

When trying to play White Blank Page and a few other tracks on the album Sign No More I'm getting the live versions. I've tried with the web player, my desktop application at work (Windows 7) and my iPhone 5S. I've listened to these songs in the past and they're definitely not live on this album. I happen to own this album.

3 Replies

Re: Spotify is playing the live versions of album songs

Community Legend
‎2014-03-11 05:10 PM
Is it the live version you own?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Roadie
‎2014-03-11 05:15 PM

No actually the songs were on a playlist and I assumed it was messed up. I clicked the link to the album in the playlist and tried it there (viewing just the single album) and it was live again. I had my wife send me a link to the song from my Macbook at home (which was not playing the live version) and it opened in the web player which appeared to be the exact same page but it wasn't live. I deleted the songs from the playlist and readded them and now they're playing the album versions.

This is extremely peculiar. 

Community Legend
‎2014-03-11 05:21 PM
It sometimes happens if the particular version of the album you had in your playlist was removed from Spotify, then the client attempts to relink the content to the same content on another album in the background but it sometimes gets confused by album/live versions.

It is hard to tell from looking at an album, since in actual fact there is normally 2 or 3 identical copies of each album in the catalogue!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!