Spotify not playing tracks / stops playing after a playlist track intermittently on Premium

Solved!

Spotify not playing tracks / stops playing after a playlist track intermittently on Premium

Festival VIP
‎2012-03-03 05:32 PM

Hi,

Noticed today that Spotify 0.8.2.567.g655da453 for Mac is stopping after playing a single track in a playlist.

I'm using Premium.

Attempting to press stop/play to get the next track to play doesn't help.  The play button suggests that the track is playing but there is no time displayed to the right, no little "ball" in the time line area (the bit that moves from left to right) and no sound.

Switching between playlists and playing a track in a different playlist usually fixes the problem but not always.

What's going on Spotify?  You premium service is already crap at the best of times, but  it's just dropped to a new low!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Spotify not playing tracks / stops playing after a playlist track intermittently on Premium

Concert Regular
‎2012-06-22 06:08 PM

I've been having the same issues....  the only tracks I can't play are the tracks I OWN!

I found that if I unlink the tracks it works... Spotify can't play iTunes MPEG-4 files

Not sure if this helps anyone else but it works for me...

Re: Spotify not playing tracks / stops playing after a playlist track intermittently on Premium

Edited
Gig Goer
‎2012-09-22 03:30 PM

I was having the same problem for several days now. Deleted the Spotify folder in 

~/Library/Application\ Support/Spotify

and now everything seems to be working again. I needed to login again and all my settings were gone (like my Last.fm login) - but all playlists remained.

You guys could give this a try, maybe it'll also help you!

120 Replies

Festival VIP
‎2012-03-03 05:42 PM

sorry i didn't actually expect your filtering system would let me create a name like that :smileysurprised:

Concert Regular
‎2012-03-03 05:46 PM
Same here, 10MB adsl, nothing else downloading anything... this is very disappointing, I am trying to work with some music but spotify is constantly getting me out of it. Moodagent and soundrop Apps are having the same behavior..

Music Lover
‎2012-03-03 06:07 PM
Same here. Already for the whole day. Also the play offline modus isn't working. I just upgraded to premium. And it already doesn't work.

Concert VIP
‎2012-03-03 06:08 PM

Same here....

100mb connexion, nothing downloading, everything else working good

Concert VIP
‎2012-03-03 06:37 PM

Also sometimes i get some pauses while a song is playing, like if there was a streaming problem, then it plas again.

Festival VIP
‎2012-03-04 03:21 PM

Still having major problems today. What's going on Spotify? You take my money month after month and constantly screw over your Premium customers (not to mention the artists and labels that you supposedly "support" with your tiny payouts).

It's this kind of poor level of service that makes it genuinely easier to go and download the stuff illegally on piratebay.com.

Music Fan
‎2012-03-04 06:13 PM

I experience the same issues on 0.8.2.571.g84945897, Mac 10.6 with latest patches since yesterday. I thought it had something to do with the upgrade of my Spotify client, but as you have similar issues with another version it might be elsewhere...

@Spotify team, any ideas on how to diagnose this? 

Festival VIP
‎2012-03-04 06:23 PM

I was about to upgrade to see if that solved the problem but doesn't sound like it'd make much difference.

Festival VIP
‎2012-03-04 09:00 PM

Having the same problem. I'm a sad panda now.

SUGGESTED POSTS