Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify player won't launch properly on Windows 10

Spotify player won't launch properly on Windows 10

Hi all. I jhave Windows 10 and recently my spotify player will not properly launch on ym computer. This started about 2 weeks ago. However the spotify player had been working fine before that. I have reinstalled spotify several times with no luck. I also tried following instructions on this thread https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Windows-10-problem/td-p/1201879 but that doesn't work either. I've attahced a screen shot of all that loads on my pc. Can any ideas? 

spotify screen shot.jpg
3 Replies

I have the same problem and wish someone would provide a solution, looking at you Spotify...

Started happening to me too after an update to spotify today.

[Edit]: I removed everything spotify-related from task manager (ctrl+alt+delete). Then uninstalled and reinstalled spotify. Seems to be working fine now.

I found a fix that worked for me a few weeks ago. I had the hardware acceleration option turned on in my settings menu. I was able to turn that option off by logging into spotify on my phone and adjusting the settings there. After that change, Spotify player displayed correctly in windows 10. I don't know if this will help you guys but it is worth a shot.

Suggested posts