Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly skips and starts tracks; out of control

Spotify randomly skips and starts tracks; out of control

Since a few weeks, Spotify is out of control on both my laptop (Windows) and my iPhone (5s; IOS 8.1). The program randomly skips tracks after about 5-10 seconds (the exact time varies). Also, Spotify automatically starts playing tracks. On the iPhone, this is even the case when the app is shut down.

At first, the problem was only on my iPhone, but now, it also happens on my laptop. On both my laptop and my iPhone, I have tried reinstalling Spotify several times, but this doesn't help.

Also, every time I start the app / program, it keeps saying I'm listening via the Firefox web player. However, switching to my own device doesn't solve the problem. It keeps automatically and randomly skipping and starting tracks.

I'm part of a family account. The other members don't have this problem.

I'm getting kind of desperate and thinking about switching to some other streaming service, because currently, I can't listen to any music anymore. If anybody has any solution, please let me know.

6 Replies

I have the same issue on my desktop computer and my LG G5 and a computer i built less that three weeks ago.  Skips songs with in the first miniut with no set time interavle.  In addition to that if its paused it will skip to the next track and start playing. Cant find help anywhere.  Deleted both apps and reinstalled.  Happens on both devices without fail.  Cant finish a song and it started playing randomly while i was sitting in class today.  I need a fix or im going to stop giving them my money

hi

Sama for me on my computer but not on my Huawei. What to do?

I contacted support and they had me make a new account which solved my
problem.

I have the same problem

what do I do to fix it

that's a bunch of bs

Hey there @DennisCottrell,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, is this happening on a desktop as well as a mobile device for you?

We'd first recommend heading over to to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE. It's also a good idea removing access to any linked third party apps you don't recognize by following the steps here.

If you haven't already, we'd also suggest performing a quick reinstall of the app on each of your devices with the steps here.

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be helpful if you could let us know some additional details (for example some info on the devices this is happening on, the exact version of the Spotify app etc) as well as the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts