Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify soft locked after premium expired.

Spotify soft locked after premium expired.

I'm on Ubuntu 16.04, my premium ended a couple of days ago. The window is covered by a blue overlay that says "Your last payment didn't work. Continue listening by adding a new payment method. It only takes a moment", followed by a button labeled "Update payment". Below that, is the following text: "You can also downgrade to Spotify Free, by [cancelling your Premium subscription]". The part in brackets looks like it should be a link (it's green and underlined, and the cursor changes when hovering), but it does nothing when clicked. The only links that do work are the "Upgrade payment" and "Upgrade" buttons. I can't close the overlay, therefore I can't interact with Spotify in the regular way (listen to music, access settings, etc.)

EDIT: To clarify, the issue I'm reporting is the "cancelling your Premium subscription" link not working. The premium downgrading itself is solvable by accessing your account via web, going to the payment methods section and clicking a similarly labeled green link.

spotify.png
1 Reply

Thanks for reporting. I will report this to the correct team. I have never seen this view when and I am not sure how I can trigger it myself in a test session.

I want to double check another thing in your client. Now when you have downgraded and can use the client again, what happens when you press the arrow top-right next to your name to open the menu and then click Account? It should open a web-browser or a new tab in your existing web browser with the account overview page.

Suggested posts