Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't connect altough the rest of my internet based programmes are functioning perfectly

Spotify won't connect altough the rest of my internet based programmes are functioning perfectly

I just discovered that I cannot connect with spotify, even tough there is no problem with my internet connection.

Im kind of in a hurry to cononect because I have some download credits that expire tomorrow..

Anyone experiencing the same problems?

Any tips for fixing this?

42 Replies

• It is home network.
  • Is my personal computer.
  • I have Norton Security with Backup running on each computer with the same settings and all have Win 10, the problem came when I upgraded to the full version. Before I ran Win 10 Technical Enterprise Preview and Spotify worked fine  
  • Yes webplayer work.
I have tried manual settings in the firewall but without getting it to work
Spotify-internetconnection-1.JPG

Thanks for the reply!

A home pc on a home network is exponentially easier to troubleshoot!

So here's where my head is now:

• I ran across a post earlier where someone had Norton installed and they ended up having to create a firewall exclusion for Spotify in order for Spotify to work correctly.  You may want to consider trying that in Norton.

• I also saw another post earlier where it was suggested the person uninstall Spotify and reinstall using an offline installer.  There are several links about midway down through the first post.

• Since you upgraded from Win10 TP to RTM (thanks for being an Insider by the way!) you may also want to consider double checking Windows Firewall settings just to be sure.

• Finally, since you're a bit technical 😉 would you be willing to try testing with a new user profile?  It may at least help us hone in on where the problem might be.

I've gotta get going, but I'll keep an eye out for your response.  I realize much of this seems rudamentary but many of the solutions I've seen in the forums revolved around simple things like removing Spotify and reinstalling it using an updated webinstaller OR using an offline installer.  Seems nonsensical but can't knock it if it works.

Keep us posted!

PS - Not trying to toot my own horn here - I just have links and instructions easily accessible.

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Both Norton and Windows Firewall is set to allow Spotify, I have tried to reinstall both the web installer and the offline installer. When I had uninstalled Spotify so I cleaned the registry with CC-cleaner to make sure no residue was left behind. I have searched for information and tested many different solutions before I warped demand for Spotify Community. Now I'm without ideas to solve the problem, so I'm going for a while using the web player.
It will certainly no solution to the problem eventually.

Appreciate the update.

At this point, from my perspective, a profile test is the next best step:

1. Create a new user
  2. Login as the new user
  3. Install Spotify
  4. Test

If it works, we know what to do from here.

If it doesn't it's your machine as a whole that's having an issue and the next steps might be:

• Contact Spotfy support for guidance
  • Contact Microsoft - Microsoft doesn't offer technical support for any preview/prerelease software but now that you're RTM, maybe they can help?

Aside from that - not sure what else to try.

It did not help to create a new user, says that there is no network interface.
Spotify-internetconnection-2.JPG

Are you up for posting in the Windows 10 TechNet forums or the Windows 10 Answers forums?

I recommend the former over the latter, but I suppose you could post in both.  PM me a link to the post (or link it here) as I want to follow along.  If I come up with anything I'll let you know.

Hi, my spotify wont connect on my phone. I've tried uninstalling and installing it back on but it still won't connect. No error messages just says it's offline and won't connect

After I install security update for Internet Explorer for Windows version, Flash Player 10 1511 for x 64-based systems (KB3103688), everything works on my computer. Should also work for mobile. I have no Windows Mobile to test it on.

Hi! I'm having the same problem.. error code:4

THen I unisnstalled and reinstalled like what was suggested... but now I can't reinstall because spotify installer won't connect to the internet... error code:52

Have you tried using the offline installer to install Spotify?

The only message I get is the blue banner across the top that says "No internet connection detected. Spotify will automatically try to reconnect when it detects an internet connection. (error code:4)". It's super frustrating and it's only on my laptop. My mobile app is working and the internet is working on my laptop, it's just not connecting. Please help, I can't live without music...-_-

I saw the same problem on the Windows 10 application - Start Spotify and the busy circle just runs and runs. As I noted below:
1-Uninstall Spotify
2-Delete or rename C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify
3-Reinstall
worked for me.

I have error code 4 plz help

I am having the same issue the code error number is 4 i dont know how to fix this problem although spotify works on my apple phone and ipod it is having problems on my laptop

I've tried reinstalling and disconnecting/reconnecting to my internet tho nothing was wrong with my internet connection. When I open the app it just give me an exclamation point and says an error occurred and gives me a try again button but pressing the try again button does nothing. Does anyone know how to fix this?????????

I have had the same problem for about a week now. My internet is working fine and I have tried re-installing spotify but it still says I am offline and that I have 'error code 4' I have no idea how to fix it. 

I've actually figured to out, I emailed back and forth with the Spotify customer support but they didn't know how to fix it, but once I connected to a public wifi that was stronger than my internet and it works around stronger public wifi but still not at home. So while your at home u just have to listen to things you have saved to your library. So try connecting to a strong public wifi

I am also experiencing this same issue.  My internet is working perfectly, yet Spotify is saying there is no connection so I can't play my music.  There's a message at the top of the Spotify screen.  This is what it says:

No internet connection detected. Spotify will automatically try to reconnect when it detects an internet conection (error code:4)

Loves Ninjago and favorite artist is Sabrina Carpenter

I've already done all of those things but it's still not working.

Loves Ninjago and favorite artist is Sabrina Carpenter

I cannot connect Spotify to my OD-11 speakers since probably a week now.

It doesn't work from a Android phone, used to work. It does't work from MacOS X, it used to work. If I connect on my Mac through Airplay it works, but not through Spotify Connect.

Anybody from Teenage Engineering around?! It seems to happen often.

Suggested posts