Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't correctly size the window on portrait 2nd monitor after Windows 10 creators update

Spotify won't correctly size the window on portrait 2nd monitor after Windows 10 creators update

I have a 2560x1440 main screen and 2 1080x1920 portrait monitors (one each side) after the WIndows 10 creators update Spotify will no longer render a window on the side monitors that is greater in height that the centre monitor.  I fyou maximise the spotify window the top 3/4 renders, but the bottom 1/4 shows the desktop, however the window itself has increased, the player controls are off the bottom of the rendered area, it just does't display the bottom 1/4 of the window (in my case the pixes from 1441 -> 1920 on the vertical axis just get cut off). 

Seems the redered portal size and the logical portal size are different.  So now I can't maximise or manually increase the window size beyond about 3/4 of my side screens otherwise the player controls vanish.

Spotify in middle of screen.jpg
Spotify maximised bottom of window missing.jpg
3 Replies

Same here. I just chatted with tech support, and they say portrait is not supported at the moment. They told me they submitted an internal request.

Also have this issue. I reinstalled it a little couple weeks ago and then it worked for a little bit, but since then I've updated and it's back to not working again. 

I have this issue as well. The interesting part is that I can get it to fit into my portrait monitor by closing and reopening the application. If I then want to move it back to my main monitor it will be incorrectly sized until I close and reopen it. 

Suggested posts