I have been using spotify for some time now and really enjoy it, I have a number of local files that I play through my spotify and I have a dozen or so playlists that I regularly listen to. I recently started getting a message across my screen prompting me to click to update spotify. When I click it closes spotify and relaunches it but no update occurs, I am just prompted to click to update again. I tried completely removing spotify and reinstalling but its back to doing it again. Any help is appreciated as spotify still functions but this blasted message wont stop popping up and I'd like to easily take advantage of new features and improvements to the service.
A more detailed description, using numbered steps
1. First I tried just resetting and clicking the update link again.
2. Then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify.
3. I also tried completely deleting everything associated with the program and doing a fresh install -- this was annoying and didn't help.
4. then I reinstalled and tried updating again when prompted -- no luck.
5. then I came here for help.
What I expected to happen
I expected to click the update link and the application would close, execute an update, then relaunch.
What actually happened
The application instead closed, then relaunched having seemingly updated nothing.
My Operating System
OS X 10.8.5
My Spotify version
My internet provider and country
Comcast high speed internet in the USA (Boston)
Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?
Not really, if you guys arent familiar with the message bar across the top of the application regarding an update I could take one and upload it but I think the description is pretty straight forward.
Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered!