Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This track is not available for all tracks

Solved!

This track is not available for all tracks

Hello.

Two days ago out of the blue Spotify desktop app started showing "This track is not available" for all the tracks.

I have basically tried all the tips to remedy this problem but without any success.

I did:

- removed sound drivers

- disabled  and reenabled local storage

- disabled high quality streaming

- reinstalled the app

- logged to the app on another computer

- Tweaked sound device settings (disable enhancments etc)

My setup

- Dell Latitude 5450

- Windows 7 Pro 64bit

- Sound playing through dac/amp via usb (tried to play songs without it as well)

Other facts:

- I have premium account

- Spotify works on other machines (computer, tablet, phone)

- On the machine where desktop app does not work I also installed alternative Spotify client - Clementine. After adding my Spotify account it played my playlists without a problem.

This paragraph I would like to dedicate to Spotify desktop app devs.

Being a programmer I can clearly see that the problem is not with machine or OS configuration but with desktop app itself.

Many paying customers reported this issue over the months and the fact that this bug is still present is unacceptable.

Shame on you Spotify devs, shame (bell ringing), shame....

144 Replies

Thank you for your detailed instructions. Turned out all I had to do was reboot my laptop!

Thank you for your detailed instructions. Turned out all I had to do was reboot my laptop!

no matter what kind of sound file I try to play, it always says this. 

none of the offer solutions work.  re-install?  really?  again?

great software, it just doesnt play music or sound files....

any tips greatly appreciated.   I am using windows7.  on a macbook pro.  parallels. 

If you want to re install you have to delete the whole folder called spotify in %appdata% after you have uninstalled spotify from the control pannel and install again, this way it would be a fresh installation without the previous cache stored data which may be corrupted.

This doesn't work

This solution did not work for me. Spotify is so crappy, works maybe half the time, the other half "This song is not avail . . .

Rally F*ing Safe mode - what garbage.

Didn't work at all. I also have reinstalled the whole darn software on Windows 10. The BEST I could get after deleting users folder (from a different suggestion in the forum), I could listen to a song for about 2 minutes before it gives me another error message. This is so frustrating as I never changed any settings in both software or computer.

The solution didn't work for me. I have deleted the user profile folder, also the Spotify cache folder, DID NOT HELP. Quite annoying to have premium and not able to use this rubbish...

DUDE THANK YOU!!!

***UPDATE*** nevermind, in my case it was apparently a local issue.

Hello! I did try this and thank you for your help! It did not work, unfortunatley. I am unable to play any tracks at all, regardless of what playlist I select. It's just all of a sudden today. It had an update/self-reinstall yesterday when I went to open the desktop app, but it worked yesterday after that. Today it's not, and I don't really have time to be troubleshooting it, I have work to get done 😞 Any other ideas? Thanks again for your help and efforts.

spotify trouble 01.PNG

I was experiencing this problem recently and looked on here to see if there were any helpful solutions. One I found was about someone who simply shut down their laptop/computer after it had been on sleep mode for some time and then restarted it. Well, I tried this and it automatically worked! Spotify now works on my laptop. maybe if anyone is experiencing this problem, try restarting your device. I know that my laptop needed an update too, so maybe that helped a little bit. 

From now on, I doubt I'll be leaving my laptop on sleep mode for very long haha. 

Thaat didn't work. Further, though, the other tracks in the playlist play just fine, but this one track displays the message This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can imprt it. That's funny, because if I had the file on my computer I wouldn't be playing it from Spotify. 🙂

Clip.jpg

Not sure why that worked but YAY!! Was about to faint w all the songs I have in my list! Had reinstalled it and wasn't about to go through the list of trying to figure it out. UGH!! Thanks Neon!! 🙂

Not a premium user (yet...can't afford it on the monthly) but I LOVE my music and don't mind a commercial once in awhile.

Doesn't work for me.

I guess spotify doesn't want my money, otherwise they would've fixed it!

Maybe i should start looking for an other music application.

That hasn't worked for me. Any ideas?

Thanks, this seems to have solved it for me, for now at least

Solution.
Well For me It worked when I switched to diffrent sound output( like Headset and back to the speakers) this software still playing on your previous sound setup example your Headset/speakers.... 

Solution.
Well For me It worked when I switched to diffrent sound output( like Headset and back to the speakers) this software still playing on your previous sound setup example your Headset/speakers.... 

what dose "open spotify on the play list" 

i have no file called "spotify on the playlist"

in that app data spotify user folder

Suggested posts