Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Twitter @ Change Possibly Broken

Twitter @ Change Possibly Broken

I'm someone who occasionally changes their Twitter @ address and I think it's broken my ability to connect Spotify to Twitter. I had my twitter info entered into Spotify originally and it worked fine, but once I changed @'s, it seems as though I'm stuck. If I try to share a song, it just gives me the "connect" button for Twitter. There is no option to disconnect or edit the account information I already had saved, which is now wrong since the @ address has changed.

I've tried my desktop, mobile, and now the web player. The web player is the only one that gives me any fields for inputting a new username and password for Twitter, but they are greyed out and it says they're "temporarily unavailable." Is Spotify just having problems with Twitter or is it my bad? I've disconnected Spotify from my Twitter account, but I think Spotify may be hanging onto my correct information and it's not letting me change it either.

3 Replies

I'm having the same problem as well.  I can't connect to Twitter and i can't disconnect to re-enter my username and password either... I revoked access on my Twitter account but it still says "failed to connect" without the option for disconnecting...

i deactivated my twitter account. when i reactivated it, i can't post my songs to twitter via android like before, it says, "could not share to twitter. please try again" duh, how many times should i try?

when i tried to change the settings on desktop, i found out spotify come up with new features which i really hate, because it is not the same as before.

please, fix this issue, thank you.

very same problem here. didn't find any option to DISCONNECT my old Twitter account neither on my Android smartphone nor windows-client nor web player. Spotify when are you going to fix it??
Screenshot_20170428-015448.png

Suggested posts