Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Webplayer Problem - You're currently listening on... Powered Off PC

Solved!

Webplayer Problem - You're currently listening on... Powered Off PC

Hello,

I'm trying to use Spotify via the Web Player at work, but I can't play the music because apparently it's "Currently Playing" on my Home Computer which is A) definately shut down and B) Not even the last device I used Spotify on, which would be my phone.

Is there a way I can force-disconnect or switch the device? I didn't find any option to switch by clicking the message. It also doesn't actually play anything - as in, I press the play button and nothing happens, probably cause the target device is offline.

Any Suggestions?

This problem seems to be since the 2017 Overhaul of the Web Player. I waited a bit and hoped it would fix itself, it didn't...

And I've limited options to update flash player or anything since this is a company machine.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I solved it!

Not that I really found a solution. Today the web player offered me to switch to playing on my phone instead my offline PC, I still couldn't switch to the current webplayer, neither with the phone nor within the Webplayer. But then I actually turned on Music and then it let me switch to the Web Player via the phone, I could close Spotify on my phone and now I finally have music on my Web Player.

Weird.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Here are the steps to Sign Out Everywhere--see attached screenshots:

1. Login to your account at https://www.spotify.com
  2. Go to the Account Overview page: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/ [OR] click on your name at the upper right, then click on ACCOUNT.
  3. Midway down the page click on the SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE button.
  4. Then, try to use your player of preference.

Hope this helps.

SSS Main.jpg
SSS SOE.jpg

Thanks for the promising answer!

Unfortunately it didn't work. That button says it successfully logged me out of anything but I'm still logged in on the Webplayer and my phone and the problem persists...

Just some ideas:

1. Are you getting the same error message, or something different?
  2. Have you powered down or rebooted your devices since the sign out attempt?
  3. Otherwise, have you tried a workaround (User-Agent Switcher browser addon/extension set to IE or Microsoft Edge)?
  4. If you are unable to install addons/extensions on the "company machine", you might be able to do it "under the hood" with https://www.howtogeek.com/113439/how-to-change-your-browsers-user-agent-without-installing-any-exten...

Side note: caffeine helps me. And yes, I know: anything can kill ya. Good luck!

Marked as solution

I solved it!

Not that I really found a solution. Today the web player offered me to switch to playing on my phone instead my offline PC, I still couldn't switch to the current webplayer, neither with the phone nor within the Webplayer. But then I actually turned on Music and then it let me switch to the Web Player via the phone, I could close Spotify on my phone and now I finally have music on my Web Player.

Weird.

best solution so far XD

Suggested posts