Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Weird reverb effect happening only on Spotify

Weird reverb effect happening only on Spotify

So I have this issue only on my main desktop. I use Spotify on like 5 other devices and I don't have this issue. Using Spotify Premium 1.0.43.123.g80176796 on Windows 10 1607.

This issue does not happen on Spotify on Chrome  57.0.2936.0.

6 Replies

Bump!

I have the same issue on my MacBook. Only happens when I play music on the desktop application. Not in web player or any other device. Any solutions?

Hey there @johansundquist,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

Since it's only the desktop app on your MacBook, I'd suggest a clean reinstall first, which will remove any corrupted data and ensures you're on the most recent version as well.

If that doesn't already do the trick, you can also try changing the audio settings within the app and see if a different combination of the settings makes a difference.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Bump again!
I started experiencing the same issue both on my personal and work MacBooks. It's going on for a few weeks. This does not happen on all songs, and it looks like the same song can be played with reverb and without it.
I've just tried to reduce audio quality from Very High to High, and will let you know if this fixes the issue.

Hi @Mashnin,

Thank you for your reply and for keeping us posted.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

OK, so lower quality did not solve the problem. Some songs still occasionally play with  reverb. When I start playing the same song again, it usually plays normally. Please fix!

Hi again @Mashnin

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this?

You could also give it a try using another internet connection. 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts