When will 'sort search results by column heading' be restored to Spotify?

Solved!

When will 'sort search results by column heading' be restored to Spotify?

Roadie
‎2014-04-19 06:18 AM

"once you do a search, the column headings are unresponsive, regarding sorting by song title or sorting by artist or by album".

This is something I need from the program that should not have been removed.

"I can no longer SORT the search results by song title like I used to every day."

"Unable to SORT after doing a search."

different ways of saying it, but everyone knows it's a problem.

my question, when will it be fixed?

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: When will 'sort search results by column heading' be restored to Spotify?

Rock Star
‎2015-08-20 08:02 AM

Good news!

You can now sort the column headers in the search results again! If you don't have it yet, you will soon as it rolls out.

Matt Suda   Community Rock Star
♫ Music keeps my heart beating ♫

130 Replies

Top Star
‎2014-04-19 06:31 AM

Hey there!

At the moment, there is no set date for it to be restored. Most likely, if we are lucky, it will be restored! Keep checking back soon! :)

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Highlighted

Garage Band
‎2014-04-20 10:56 AM

A workaround currently seems to be to append spotify:search: before what you want to search for. For example, if you want to search for the word "song" you should search for spotify:search:song instead of just song. Doing this gives you the old search interface, with sortable columns.

Community Legend
‎2014-04-20 12:43 PM
That's awesome! Thanks @StevenR !

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Garage Band
‎2014-04-20 01:20 PM

StevenR wrote:

A workaround currently seems to be to append spotify:search: before what you want to search for. For example, if you want to search for the word "song" you should search for spotify:search:song instead of just song. Doing this gives you the old search interface, with sortable columns.

Thanks for that. It doesn't automatically show the various categories in the drop down and you have to press 'Enter' for it to work.

I thought it was fixed properly this morning; I did several searches and it worked. Then I quit Spotify and re-opened and it had stopped working.

Garage Band
‎2014-04-20 02:49 PM

Yeah this needs to be fixed asap. The sort function is pretty much needed. Who's brilliant idea was it to take it out anyway?

Community Legend
‎2014-04-20 03:13 PM
Sadly since it's Easter, I can't see this being fixed urgently. :(

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Festival Fanatic
‎2014-04-23 07:37 AM

This is also a work around for filtering search results using CTRL+F.

It felt like my heart stopped for a bit when I realised I couldn't filter search results anymore. I'm not one to usually gripe about the "improvements" implemented, but when they removed the filtered list view for "Appears On", that was a huge disappointment, and worse, the ability to filter artist pages. I mean good luck browsing through 50+ compilation albums looking for that one song. Why not implempent a filtered list view as well as an album view? Being able to filter search results is really the only viable option now to find THAT particular song within search results of hundreds of songs, and if they remove that .. well, I'd seriouly consider looking at other streaming alternatives, because I feel the functionality of the desktop client is getting increasingly less useful with every new update.

Sorry, I'm done complaining now... but it felt good. :)

Concert Regular
‎2014-04-24 09:33 AM

Worst easter egg ever! ;)

Music Lover
‎2014-04-24 01:07 PM

Yes - i want this back too! Especially a sort on Time - as I like listening to the longer tracks. Honestly - I hate upgrades - if it ain't broke don't fix it!!! Microsoft should have thought like this too before releasing Windows 8!!

SUGGESTED POSTS