Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When will 'sort search results by column heading' be restored to Spotify?

Solved!

When will 'sort search results by column heading' be restored to Spotify?

"once you do a search, the column headings are unresponsive, regarding sorting by song title or sorting by artist or by album".

This is something I need from the program that should not have been removed.

"I can no longer SORT the search results by song title like I used to every day."

"Unable to SORT after doing a search."

different ways of saying it, but everyone knows it's a problem.

my question, when will it be fixed?

thank you.

130 Replies

I was hoping it was just me but it looks like its not.

Loved Spotify until this happened ...

This should be fixed ASAP or Ill take my $10 a month else where  – way lame!

I can't wait for the  next upgrade, I heard they're disabling mouse support.

Seriously, how can such an important feature disappear ?

why on earth remove it in the first place? way to go developers, let's make Spotify less user friendly

Ah, thanks for that, very useful. Though it's annoying that it's been labelled a 'solution'. Hopefully Spotify will fix this strange oversight.

Yeah bring it back now!

And I also want to know, who's brilliant idea was it to remove it? You guys are making it harder and harder to justify paying the premium fee.

Want to echo the complaints.  I've been a premium user for a few years now and starting to wonder what's the point!?  Free users don't really get any less for their money...  The removal of an intuitive search function is absolutely ridiculous.

If we use the system restore and use a date pre-easter, do you think this will give me back the old version of spotify, too?

I hate not being able to search. This is redunkulous

Spotify will simply auto-update to the most recent version again (unless you manually disable it) as soon as you restart the client.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Come On Spotify, Answer this stream of posts. This is Entirely LAME!!!! It should be a simple fix. I must think this is a programing bug??!!

Being able to sort my search results by Song |  or Artist | or Album or | Popularity, greatly helps me the way I use spotify.

FIX the problem, Respond and Let us know.

Otherwise, you have just become un-useable in a major way for me.

PLEASE respond, or tell us that you Did become like Windows 8, and decided to make things less functional, at the expense of your customers.

I created a forum account just to echo the disgust for this feature being removed.

We should all just assume this is a nod/wink revenue stream thing until Spotify tells us otherwise.

Whenever a nonsensical retarded update is implemented, you can almost always be assured it has to do with $$$

Worse than Dewey Decimal System now.

Can't believe that the a basic yrt utterly useful  feature such as sort functionality has been missed out. The product managers inoled in the redesign should be ashamed. Sort it out Spotify!

I've been premium subscriber for 5 years, but I'm beginning to reconsider my membership. Being unable to sort search results has crippled the whole software. How can one find anything if one cannot put the search results in alphabetical order. Now it just random list of songs.

Sorting is a fundamental feature that every other music playert or shop has. For a such huge flaw it's unbelievable this hasn't been fixed already.

For sortable columns, I'm just using the workaround. 

I don't expect Spotify to cater to my needs anymore.

I'm real disappointed in the removal of the normal sort feature, and real disappointed with the removal of the 'Library' function,

but hey, they are on a gigantic, global mission that is much bigger than little me and how I use the program.

I will just use Spotify as long as it works.

The workaround, to get sortable columns on a search:

Instead of searching for:

Iron Butterfly

You search for:

spotify:search:Iron Butterfly

and that gives you get sortable columns. 

Hey, maybe this will help... I've found that the web version works MUCH better than our downloaded desktop players.

https://play.spotify.com/browse

I can actually sort music again.

Is this fixed yet?  I am thinking about switching to another app.  Major step backwards for functionality.

Unfortunately not.

Peter

This is bizarre.

The search function is useless now. 

Unsubscribing until it's fixed. 

Can't even search my local files anymore. 

Huh? If you have the new app installed in Local Files there is a search box upper right hand corner just above your first track there.

They mean the main search window doesn't return local files anymore. For example if I search for the beatles on Spotify I get no content, with the "spotify:search:" work around, I get my local files returned.

Peter

I see what you mean now. I thought it was about searching within the Local Files section.

Suggested posts