Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Whenever I go to play a song, it just doesn't happen, I click to play it and it doesn't come up.

Whenever I go to play a song, it just doesn't happen, I click to play it and it doesn't come up.

Here is an example:

https://i.gyazo.com/6b28f679f5d97d7995766c633e8fe7b4.png

As you can see it won't play it.

I cannot install the Desktop version so don't tell me to do that, and I hate the new design and its lack of functions (last.fm and no play queues) .

Also when I press play on the song spotify disconnects itself.

4 Replies

Hi!

Seems that play.spotify.com is now officially dead. I have same issues and the console errors indicate troubles dowloading content.

I also seriously dislike the lack of queuing on the new player. I have voted for bringing back the queue right here. Unhappy with the missing scrobbler too, especially since there's no good functional scrobbler add-on for Firefox. FoxyScrobbler was removed by its dev.

Seb

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The same issue is present on open.spotify.com, in Chrome and in IE11, over win7 and Win10. I tried adding the spotify plugin to the exceptions, clearing cache etc. and nothing seems to work.

It would be very nice to have a solution that does not require admin rights, as that is not an option for me personally (company PC); similarly, I cannot install the desktop player.

THe issue is present for about two months in chrome, and about a week in IE.

Hi!

This is exactly why editing the hosts file is not a solution, even if it worked for me.

A person that had Premium managed to solve that by clicking on the Devices near the Volume bar, and selecting 'Computer'.

Other than that, I have no other fixes I could suggest.
The best option is posting an issue to the Ongoing Issues board or contacting Spotify support and letting them know: @SpotifyCares on Twitter or the contact form.

Seb

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I guess you're right, joined an ongoing complaint-tsunami.

Let's hope it shall be solved sooner than clearing cache on iOS 😄

Thx for the tip with the device selector, I am a premium user, but that does not seem to be the problem, there are no other devices discovered...

Suggested posts